PDA

View Full Version : Another good day

Cheap Thrills
10-08-2019, 01:26 AM
Today I got the chance to spend another 2+1/2 hrs. at that sportsfield I've been hitting lately . The weather was warm but bearable .My first five coins in a row were wheats then the memorials and clad started trickling in .The signals are getting few and far between now and before I knew it the workers were wrapping up their day and getting ready to leave so I figured today was going to be a silverless day . I left my machine on as I headed out and got a thin but squeaky signal that was reading high 20's , low 30's . I ended my day with a 5" deep big silver surprise . It's been a few years since I found one of these gorgeous ladies .

Full Metal Digger
10-08-2019, 06:42 AM
Nice save! Funny how those big silvers can be so faint sometimes. Makes you wonder how many smaller silvers can't be heard at all! Happy digging, Dave.

Tony Two-Cent
10-08-2019, 08:30 AM
There's nothing like seeing big silver in the dirt! Congrats on the beautiful Walking Liberty Half! :clapping:

:congrats:

Bucknut
10-08-2019, 04:31 PM
Finding Big silver is about as fun as it gets! Well done.

wisconsin digger
10-08-2019, 09:43 PM
Congrats on the great recoveries especially the Walker. I would like someone to explain that as well why silver halves on occasion ring up so poorly on the eTrac. it is a mystery to me. WD

Vito
10-09-2019, 07:00 AM
Yes, sometimes the way out will bring goodies, too.
Congratulations on the walking half.

Cheap Thrills
10-09-2019, 10:59 AM
Nice save! Funny how those big silvers can be so faint sometimes. Makes you wonder how many smaller silvers can't be heard at all! Happy digging, Dave.

Thanks Daddy , I think with the halves the slant of how the coin is laying in the ground may be a major factor .

Cheap Thrills
10-09-2019, 11:03 AM
There's nothing like seeing big silver in the dirt! Congrats on the beautiful Walking Liberty Half! :clapping:

:congrats:

Thanks TC , that's for sure ! I'd like to do that again soon !

Cheap Thrills
10-09-2019, 11:05 AM
Finding Big silver is about as fun as it gets! Well done.

Thanks Bucknut , it was exhilarating to say the least !

Cheap Thrills
10-09-2019, 11:11 AM
Congrats on the great recoveries especially the Walker. I would like someone to explain that as well why silver halves on occasion ring up so poorly on the eTrac. it is a mystery to me. WD

I've had one ring up poorly on my Explorer 2 also . My Tesoro's always rang them louder . Thanks for the congrats !

Cheap Thrills
10-09-2019, 11:16 AM
Yes, sometimes the way out will bring goodies, too.
Congratulations on the walking half.

Thanks Vito , great to hear from you ! Yes , some of my most memorable finds have been found on the way out . One was a 1914 Barber quarter , the only Barber quarter I have ever found .