PDA

View Full Version : We're Heading back to Connecticut in April. Can't wait!!

Digger Don
02-19-2019, 10:13 PM
We're not sure exactly where we are going to stay yet. In the past we have stayed in Rocky Hill. We had such a good time the last two times we were there that we're heading back.
We will be arriving early morning on Saturday the 12th of April. My buddy Tim (NOAH) will be accompanying Alec and I this trip.
I really hope that we can get together with some of our New England friends this trip as well.
If anyone has any free time that week, we would love to get together for a hunt!

Digger Don
02-19-2019, 10:15 PM
Here is a photo from our last time there!

Full Metal Digger
02-20-2019, 11:09 AM
I envy you Don! I had SUCH a great time in Connecticut. The guys took us to all the best spots too. Such hospitality! I wish I could go with you. Best wishes and I hope you score a gold coin.

del
02-21-2019, 07:01 PM
Don , looking toward your guys visit . Hopefully we can get together With Al and Drew and a few others for another field hunt and I'll see about getting a couple of permission sites too.

Dan

Digger Don
02-21-2019, 08:23 PM
Don , looking toward your guys visit . Hopefully we can get together With Al and Drew and a few others for another field hunt and I'll see about getting a couple of permission sites too.

Dan
Thanks Dan. That would be awesome, we had such a great time with you guys last time! You're all definitely a fun bunch to be around!
Can't wait to get there!!
Take care, Don

Noah
02-26-2019, 07:47 PM

Dan I heard such nice things about you guys, I look forward to meeting you all. I’m counting the days!

Digger_O'Dell
02-27-2019, 05:53 AM
Sounds like a fun trip guys!

badgers325
02-27-2019, 04:28 PM
Have fun guys. I will be on the other coast that week. Definitely need to do this someday soon!

Noah
02-28-2019, 01:59 PM
Who knows what we will find but colonial finds has always been a dream of mine. Hoping for good luck ��.

aloldstuff
02-28-2019, 02:14 PM
Looks like the mid-westerners are coming back to pillage our area...again. Hey guys you are more than welcome and I will do my best to try to secure a field(my favorite type of hunting). I usually have tues, wed and thur off.

Digger Don
02-28-2019, 05:42 PM
Looks like the mid-westerners are coming back to pillage our area...again. Hey guys you are more than welcome and I will do my best to try to secure a field(my favorite type of hunting). I usually have tues, wed and thur off.We appreciate the welcome Al. I really enjoyed the field hunts last time. I'd be happy to come home with just one copper. If not, oh well, I'm going to have fun trying!
we will definitely be there Tues & Wed. and probably Thurs. I'm looking forward to hunting with you guys again. Thank You, Don

Donnie B
03-02-2019, 08:13 AM
I hope that I will get to see you guys at some point this time. That would be great.

Noah
03-04-2019, 02:38 PM
All the recent finds are inspiring. Hope you all are leaving a few for us!! Hope to meet you Donnie. :)

MIKE54
03-08-2019, 09:53 AM
Looks like the mid-westerners are coming back to pillage our area...again. Hey guys you are more than welcome and I will do my best to try to secure a field(my favorite type of hunting). I usually have tues, wed and thur off.Hi Al! I'd love to join you if you'll have me and meet all the mid-westerners. I can't believe it's been a year since we emptied Southwick. Hope to hear from you.

Digger Don
03-12-2019, 10:08 AM
It's getting closer!!!
We'll be leaving Illinois 30 days from today. ( arriving and ready to hunt Saturday morning, April 13th. )
I'm looking forward to seeing you guys again. Other than our arrival time, we have made no plans yet so we are open to anytime / any day for whoever might have time to get together. It's noah's first time out there. I think I might have to plant a few Rosies for him to find. LOL

Full Metal Digger
03-12-2019, 01:03 PM
I think I might have to plant a few Rosies for him to find.

The beauty of detecting in Connecticut is you can get a Rosie and a KG III right next to each other! Pretty hard to do that in Illinois (yes I remember)!

del
03-14-2019, 05:50 AM
It's getting closer!!!
We'll be leaving Illinois 30 days from today. ( arriving and ready to hunt Saturday morning, April 13th. )
I'm looking forward to seeing you guys again. Other than our arrival time, we have made no plans yet so we are open to anytime / any day for whoever might have time to get together. It's noah's first time out there. I think I might have to plant a few Rosies for him to find. LOL

I should be available to detect that morning with you guys , I'm hoping to do it again that Sunday as well . Hopefully I'll have an old colonial field to detect and get a few of us members together .

Dan

Noah
03-15-2019, 03:25 PM
Sounds like a fun trip guys!
Be my first trip out. :)

Noah
03-15-2019, 03:28 PM
I appreciate that Del, and It'll be great just to meet. And if you see Don planting Rosies for me to find.....:girlcry: let me know!!
I should be available to detect that morning with you guys , I'm hoping to do it again that Sunday as well . Hopefully I'll have an old colonial field to detect and get a few of us members together .

Dan

Digger Don
03-15-2019, 08:26 PM

DanThat sounds great Dan. We Really appreciate it!!!! It will be Awesome to see you guys again!!

OxShoeDrew
03-25-2019, 11:46 AM
I'm leaving CT the day you get here :crying02:

Digger Don
04-01-2019, 09:15 AM
I'm leaving CT the day you get here :crying02:
Sorry to hear that Drew. It would have been nice to get together again. Maybe next year or your welcome to come to Illinois to dig some mercs with us. LOL

12 DAYS

Digger Don
04-11-2019, 05:41 AM
We're heading out tomorrow, sure hope the weather cooperates!!!

del
04-11-2019, 05:50 AM
drive careful and give me a shout Saturday when your settled in

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Tony Two-Cent
04-11-2019, 07:58 AM
Safe travels and best of luck Don, Alec and Tim! I am green with envy! :envious:

I hope you guys all find some awesome colonial treasures! :yes:

Digger Don
04-11-2019, 08:13 AM
drive careful and give me a shout Saturday when your settled in

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Thanks, sounds good

Digger Don
04-11-2019, 09:30 PM
Safe travels and best of luck Don, Alec and Tim! I am green with envy! :envious:

I hope you guys all find some awesome colonial treasures! :yes:
Thanks Tony. I sure wish you could have made the trip with us!!!

del
04-12-2019, 05:17 AM
Saturday (tomorrow) we will be detecting a very old couple of fields in Pomfret Ct , any members nearby who would like to join us are more than welcome . I know of some very decent old colonial coppers have been found there in the past and the fields are very large and in no way hunted out . Please message me and I'll give the location and time to meet up .

Dan

Lodge Scent
04-12-2019, 07:19 AM
Good luck to the American Detectorist gang ! The showers expected overnight might help those fields give up some extra goodies. You know Dan will get all the shoe buckles but hopefully there will be a copper or two in all your pouches at the end of the day.

OxShoeDrew
04-12-2019, 08:14 AM
Good luck in my backyard tomorrow!! Wish I was around!

Full Metal Digger
04-12-2019, 01:16 PM
Good luck Don, Alec and Tim! I'm sending all my Connecticut mojo your way!