PDA

View Full Version : Finds were slim today, but managed my 10th Draped Bust LC of the year

BTV Digger
12-01-2018, 08:40 PM
Went down to the fields near the Lake Champlain shore - the only place within an hour's drive of here with little to no snow. Finds were slim, but I managed to get the coil over my 10th Draped Bust LC of the year - this one's an 1800. The better news is this is a new permission and what I call a 5'er. That's 5 sites for one permission (4 home sites and a school). :yes: Those are the types of permissions I can get used to. Given the long cold season up here some of those will likely have to wait until spring. HH!

John

wisconsin digger
12-01-2018, 10:00 PM
Congrats, the closest I come to that kind of find is EBAY. 10 in 1 year kind of boggles my mind. Would like to hunt that old of ground some day. Great find WD

aloldstuff
12-02-2018, 10:14 AM
Congrats John....not many can say that they have gotten 10 DB's in a year, let alone 10 overall in a lifetime.
What's also amazing is that you are still able to get out and swing at this time of year. :thumbsup02:

MIKE54
12-02-2018, 10:24 AM
That's quite an accomplishment John! Congratulations

BTV Digger
12-02-2018, 08:20 PM
Congrats John....not many can say that they have gotten 10 DB's in a year, let alone 10 overall in a lifetime.
What's also amazing is that you are still able to get out and swing at this time of year. :thumbsup02:

Thanks Al. Yeah, feel very lucky this year, though doing thorough research and working hard for the new permissions also helped a lot! We're stuck in the snow across most of VT now, but it's nice I live in the Burlington area, so have quick access to areas near Lake Champlain which are much milder and have little to no snow.

Tony Two-Cent
12-03-2018, 09:04 AM
Wow, ten Draped Bust Large Cents in a year? That is incredible! Here in Illinois they exist only in our dreams.

:congrats:

OxShoeDrew
12-03-2018, 10:06 PM
Man, I know I didn't find 10...that's impressive, John! Your latest is in decent shape too! Congrats and stay warm waiting for the spring!

The Rebel
12-05-2018, 09:36 AM
WTG on the DB!

BTV Digger
12-05-2018, 06:21 PM
Wow, ten Draped Bust Large Cents in a year? That is incredible! Here in Illinois they exist only in our dreams.

:congrats:

Thanks Tony! Feel very fortunate to get onto some good sites this year. This new site has me drooling for next spring.

Man, I know I didn't find 10...that's impressive, John! Your latest is in decent shape too! Congrats and stay warm waiting for the spring!

Thanks Drew!

Donnie B
12-06-2018, 05:24 AM
Congrats on the Draped Bust! What a great permission!