PDA

View Full Version : Some Park Hunts

aloldstuff
05-25-2018, 04:51 PM
Seeing that the golf course is so overgrown I hit two parks this week.

Years ago I had gotten a General Grant paperweight and a MASS chauffeurs license in this one park so I went back there. In the same area I got the Washington.
Went to a different section of this park and managed one lonely wheat and a cool bucking bronco. This bucking bronco is very heavy, made of brass, so I am thinking maybe another paperweight. Thoughts appreciated.

Went to another park and got a lot of clad and the metal dog.

Looks like I will have to do some door knocking.....

Thanks for reading and HH everyone

Cheap Thrills
05-25-2018, 05:43 PM
Nice going on your finds Al . That 43 Quarter is in nice shape . I'm thinking the Bronco is either a paperweight or it was glued on a bookend at one time . Poodles were pretty popular in the Fifties , I wonder if that was on a purse .Good luck on your door knocking .

Ill Digger
05-26-2018, 12:56 AM
Its funny how some hunts have a theme to them. It looks like this weeks theme was critters! :lol:
Some vintage critters and some vintage coinage sounds like fun to me! :thumbsup02:
Congrats Al Niņo! :grin:

MIKE54
05-26-2018, 07:50 AM
Nice Washington quarter Al! Steve and I went to a big park in Hartford and all I got was a couple of 20's wheats in the same hole and Steve found a $5 Australian commemorative coin from Sydney Olympics, not silver unfortunately. I miss the golf course!

BTV Digger
05-27-2018, 07:07 PM
Nice finds Al. Looks like you're finding at least one silver on nearly every hunt this spring. Keep it up sir!

John

Full Metal Digger
05-27-2018, 10:27 PM
Great looking finds Al! I can't believe they aren't mowing that golf course for you! Cowboy-themed items were big 1930s to 1950s so maybe your bronco is from that era but I don;t know what it was used for. Is the backside completely flat like a paperweight?

wisconsin digger
05-28-2018, 10:50 PM
Nice hunt, there always seems to be something left in every Park. Nice keepers. WD

aloldstuff
05-29-2018, 05:04 AM
Great looking finds Al! I can't believe they aren't mowing that golf course for you! Cowboy-themed items were big 1930s to 1950s so maybe your bronco is from that era but I don;t know what it was used for. Is the backside completely flat like a paperweight?

Yes, completely flat. That's why I think paperweight.

Digger Don
05-29-2018, 09:06 AM
Nice bunch of finds Al.
Did you say Door knocking? I'm due for a road trip!:lolsign: