PDA

View Full Version : Foursome Hits the Links!

OxShoeDrew
04-17-2018, 04:37 PM
Once again, I joined Al, Mike, and Steve for some digging on a hundred year old golf course. The police stopped to question us, as did the previous owner, but the course is now in Al's family and he has free "range."

Al and I work on "detectorist" time...8am means 7:45...so we started early and unbelievably, I had a couple wheats and the seated coin in my pocket by the designated meet time! :shocked01:

A huge debt of gratitude is owed to Al who makes all these hunts possible!! :notworthy:

Tony Two-Cent
04-17-2018, 04:40 PM
One of these things is not like the others! :thumbsup01:

Congrats on the beautiful 1853 Seated Dime, Drew! What an incredible find! This golf course is amazing! I am so jealous of all of the finds that are coming out of it! :envious:

:perfect10:

Donnie B
04-17-2018, 04:45 PM
Nice Seated! I can't believe the previous owner questioned you guys. What business is it of his?

OxShoeDrew
04-17-2018, 04:49 PM
Thanks, guys! I know Donnie...I actually said to the guy, "oh, so you're NOT the owner now?!"

I think I sold that crotal bell short in the post...it's really nice!

aloldstuff
04-17-2018, 05:20 PM
Very nice hunt Drew. It was funny to hear Mike shout the length of the 18th hole "hey Al...The cops want to kick us out". Not on my watch. Huge congrats on that seated and all those other keepers. My hunt today is not worthy of a post so maybe tomorrow...
It looks like Steve has a draped bust LC or maybe even a Liberty Cap. We will have to wait for his post.
Thanks for making the long trek over here. Hopefully we'll do it again.

OxShoeDrew
04-17-2018, 05:30 PM
Thank you so much Al!! :notworthy:
Steve text you after we left?

aloldstuff
04-17-2018, 05:34 PM
Thank you so much Al!! :notworthy:
Steve text you after we left?

Yup

del
04-17-2018, 05:38 PM
Doh ! I had today off , wish I knew you guys were detecting today . Great finds Drew

Fire Fighter 43
04-17-2018, 06:13 PM
Very nice Drew! Congrats on a nice looking seated and the Mercs, WTG.

Bucknut
04-17-2018, 06:13 PM
That place is crazy! Awesome job again!

MIKE54
04-17-2018, 06:38 PM
Awesome finds Drew. You did sell the bell short it was complete and beautiful!

Noxman
04-17-2018, 07:14 PM
Fun hunt today guys! I turned and looked down the fairway and everyone was gone! Glad I stayed a little longer as I only had a wheat. I pulled this out looks like a draped bust. Anyone have any thoughts on it? Al thanks again and Drew man you slammed it. Great job out there!6382963830

Cooper
04-17-2018, 09:09 PM
You guys made some nice finds and that bell is awesome

Digger_O'Dell
04-18-2018, 02:44 AM
Great bunch of finds once again. Big congrats on the seated, and that crotal looks pretty sweet! Funny how so many people concern themselves in other people's business. Guess they aren't happy unless they ruin someone else's.

OxShoeDrew
04-18-2018, 10:24 AM
Thank you, all!
No date on that, Steve? Congrats! That reverse looks clean!
Did you guys see that dog chasing me?

Cheap Thrills
04-18-2018, 11:39 AM
Awesome hunting guys! What a spot ! That's what hunting should be like . I'm so glad the want- to- be party poopers can't stifle your hunting . On a sad note , my nearby spot that has been keeping me going all these years has been ruined. I went there last night and the whole field has had a good six inches of topsoil trucked in and it is pure , no garbage , pebbles , pulltabs , coins or anything . All the new sprinkler heads are covered and all control boxes are in .I'm done there.
Keep up the good work and get all you can .

OxShoeDrew
04-18-2018, 12:04 PM
. On a sad note , my nearby spot that has been keeping me going all these years has been ruined. I went there last night and the whole field has had a good six inches of topsoil trucked in and it is pure , no garbage , pebbles , pulltabs , coins or anything . All the new sprinkler heads are covered and all control boxes are in .I'm done there.
NOOOOO!! I hope another spot opens up for you George!

Cheap Thrills
04-18-2018, 01:51 PM
NOOOOO!! I hope another spot opens up for you George!

Thanks Drew , I hope so too . It was amazing how fast they completed that last stage , I thought I could get in at least a couple of more hunts . I'm so glad I got in that last decent hunt .

Noxman
04-18-2018, 06:24 PM
Al cleaned it up today and thinks he made out an "07" so maybe 1807. Missed the dog chasing you did he have bad intentions? I was hoping you came today to show me where to hunt! Oh I did pull out two wheats in the area of your seated dime.