PDA

View Full Version : Another 1850s House & Another Good Hunt

Digger Don
03-20-2018, 09:15 PM
Noah and I went back out Sunday and hit another 1850s house in the same town we hunted Friday.
I didn't dig any more seated coins, but I still had a great day.
At the first house, I started out with a 1915 Barber dime. About 20 minutes later I got a 12-46 near the base of an old tree.
When I got to it I realized that I just dug a nice Large cent. It was an 1845 in pretty nice shape. On the back you can see where someone tried to punch through it with a square nail. I thought that was pretty cool! After that, I dug an old wedding band that still had a little gold on it, a nice brass bell at almost 10 inches and a little "Handihook" with a patent date of Aug. 29,05 .
Then right before we left, another great find, another sterling thimble!! Awesome Yard!!
We hit one more house and i dug a 1941-D merc and a no date Buff. No Indians Sunday but I did get 5 wheats!

Digger_O'Dell
03-20-2018, 09:46 PM
Congrats Don, lots of awesome finds! That largie is in exceptional condition for its age, too bad about the nail hole. The dimes are both nice condition too, but that thimble is really ornate! Love the star inside it too. But I think my favorite? Too float to call between that thimble and the bell. Hard enough to find a crotal, but your Conestoga is really special.

Full Metal Digger
03-21-2018, 12:35 AM
I'm really starting to dislike you Don! LOL! Are you punishing me for moving away? Didn't you just say to Tony Two-Cent something about it being your turn to find a large cent? I am amazed at what you are finding. Those hideous sunglasses you have to wear because of your eye must be super lucky or something. Congrats and HH, Dave.

aloldstuff
03-21-2018, 05:17 AM
WHAT......no IHP's...... Love that conestoga bell. Another sterling silver thimble, congrats.

Nice detailed LC. Watch yourself....daddydigger is getting agitated....:lol:

Bucknut
03-21-2018, 08:28 AM
Back to back silver thimbles!? man! Nice LC too. Where are the Indians?

Oneil1979
03-21-2018, 09:44 AM
Were to start? Amazing detail on the largie, silver thimble and complete bell, S barber and D merc & an old wedding band with plating still visible, doesnt get much better than that.

Cheap Thrills
03-21-2018, 10:26 AM
Wow , you're really kicking it ! The earring on Lady Liberty is kind of sexy . Much congrats !

wisconsin digger
03-26-2018, 11:26 AM
Great finds again, that Barber should have some value in that condition. You are having a great March. Congrats WD

Tony Two-Cent
03-28-2018, 02:21 PM
So many great finds in this post, it's hard for me to pick a favorite! The Large Cent is in terrific shape! The nail hole just adds character.

The 1915-S Barber Dime is a wonderful find as well. It still has amazing detail! In all of my years of detecting I have never found a Barber Dime dated 1915.

And another silver thimble?!?!?! :shocked04: And a conestoga bell in terrific condition?!?!?! :shocked02:

AMAZING HUNT! :notworthy:

:perfect10:

MIKE54
03-28-2018, 03:38 PM
63498This is one I found a few years ago. Must have been the thing to do in the 1840's like cow tipping or streaking lol. Nice hunt!