PDA

View Full Version : After Work Hunt / Anorther Walker and 1875 Indian

Digger Don
06-01-2017, 10:51 PM
Saturday I stopped and did one house while I was out doing errands. I dug a 1941 Washington in the curb strip.

Thursday after work I took a drive to a small town an hour from my home. The first house was a bust, not even a wheatie.
The second house was built in 1883. It started out slow but about a half hour in I got a signal at 8" that I thought might be a silver dime. I dug a pretty deep plug and when I stuck the carrot in the hole it was screaming. I moved the dirt at the bottom of the hole with my pin pointer and revealed the edge of a large silver. I pulled it out and it was a 1942 Walker (my fourth of the year) I rescanned the hole, got another signal and pulled out a 1944 merc. Ten minutes later in the same area, i dug a 1956 Rosie.
Right before I was going to call it a day, I got a solid 12-35 at 5". When I started digging I realized that the soil was packed with gravel. My pin pointer was screaming at the bottom of my 3" plug. Out pops a beautiful 1875 Indian. I barley rubbed it and it and it cleaned right up.

Joe Dirt
06-02-2017, 01:29 AM
Great finds, especially the half !!!

OxShoeDrew
06-02-2017, 03:54 AM
Wow, Don....you drove 2hrs after work to hunt?! You are hardcore!!:lol: Good looking coins though :congrats:

Digger_O'Dell
06-02-2017, 04:04 AM
Congrats Don, great looking IH and some nice silver to boot!

Tony Two-Cent
06-02-2017, 07:16 AM
Great bunch of finds, Don, especially that 1875 Indian Head! It's a beauty! It's difficult to find Indian Heads before 1880.

:congrats:

Bucknut
06-02-2017, 07:59 AM
I am amazed at the number of silver halves and quarters you always seem to find! Great indian too!

Noah
06-02-2017, 08:05 AM
Still no buttons Don! I'll expect better from you Saturday! :hystericallaugh:

Full Metal Digger
06-02-2017, 08:47 AM
Still no buttons Don! I'll expect better from you Saturday! :hystericallaugh:

Yeah Don, Anyone can dig up big silvers and awesome IHCs but where are those fancy buttons you used to find? :poke:

Digger Don
06-02-2017, 10:18 AM
Yeah Don, Anyone can dig up big silvers and awesome IHCs but where are those fancy buttons you used to find? :poke: You seem to find them all first. Every hunt lately you have been pulling out great two piece buttons!! MY TURN. LOL

Full Metal Digger
06-02-2017, 10:29 AM
You seem to find them all first. Every hunt lately you have been pulling out great two piece buttons!! MY TURN. LOL

I'll let you pick which side of the yards tomorrow then!

Digger Don
06-02-2017, 10:57 AM
I'll let you pick which side of the yards tomorrow then!
Thats easy. I want the side with the buttons!!

Lodge Scent
06-02-2017, 01:38 PM
Nice pile of silver and green.

wisconsin digger
06-03-2017, 09:25 AM
Great finds Don, that green Indian is a beauty. Your advancing from the Indian Master to the Walker Master. Great coins WD

BTV Digger
06-03-2017, 05:14 PM
Nice set of coins there Don! Congrats on yet another Walker!

John

aloldstuff
06-03-2017, 05:47 PM
I have only 1 WLH in my whole detecting career. Congrats on your 4th FTY and that beautiful 1875 IH.....:thumbsup02:

Digger Don
06-04-2017, 11:29 AM
Great finds, especially the half !!!
Thanks, I've been getting lucky this year.

Wow, Don....you drove 2hrs after work to hunt?! You are hardcore!!:lol:
Driving an hour after work seems to be the norm lately. I'm always looking for old spots to hunt.

Congrats Don, great looking IH and some nice silver to boot!
Thanks Chris, I was amazed at how nice that Indian came out of the ground.

Great bunch of finds, Don, especially that 1875 Indian Head! It's a beauty! It's difficult to find Indian Heads before 1880.

:congrats: Thanks Tony that was my first 1875.

I am amazed at the number of silver halves and quarters you always seem to find! Great indian too!
Lots of miles and hours. LOL

Great finds Don, that green Indian is a beauty. Your advancing from the Indian Master to the Walker Master. Great coins WD LOL. funny how that works. last year I struggled on half dollars but killed it on SLQs. This year I'm pounding the Walkers and had to drive to Ct. to find my only SLQ this year. I guess you just never know whats going to pop out next!

Nice set of coins there Don! Congrats on yet another Walker!

John Thanks John.

I have only 1 WLH in my whole detecting career. Congrats on your 4th FTY and that beautiful 1875 IH.....:thumbsup02:
Thats probably becuase Walkers are about 200 years newer than what you usually dig. LOL