PDA

View Full Version : Two Century coins today

wisconsin digger
03-24-2017, 04:36 PM
Took a day off work to hit a Fish Fry tonight so used the morning to do some swinging. I hit the other spot I wanted to make sure I got to as early in spring as I could as the grass gets a little long later in the summer. I did really well as I found 2 "V" nickels both dated 1908. One of the nickels I hit and was ready to dig as it was an iffy nickel signal and this spot is usually good for an old nickel here. As I swung my coil out of the way I got a high squeak. When I checked that out it turned out to be a solid 12-46 nice and deep so I had to hit that first. That turned out to be the 1st SLQ of the year. It was in nice shape but still a smoothie with an "S" mintmark. I went back to the nickel signal and it was the 1st of the 2 V's I found. I also managed 10 wheats of which several were older ones but I haven't cleaned them up yet to see any dates and a Rosie. Always a good day when you hit the century mark twice. Keep swinging Wisconsin Digger

Muddy Mike
03-24-2017, 08:24 PM
A great day WD well done.

del
03-24-2017, 09:24 PM
Very productive hunt wisconsin digger , Hope you do just as well there again .

Digger_O'Dell
03-25-2017, 01:36 AM
Great finds! Still looking for my first silver coin of the year. This wet spring is killing me! Lol

Bucknut
03-25-2017, 09:27 AM
Awesome hunt! That SLQ may have been a good one before the date got worn away as many of the S mm were good ones.