PDA

View Full Version : Back to the old zoo

Digger_O'Dell
02-20-2017, 10:52 AM
Hi all,
I got a chance to swing for about 2 hours after work this morning and wanted to give the new TDI a try in an area I know used to hold a lot of later wheats and even a few silver but that I hunted long and hard with the CTX in the past. The CTX struggled in this area to get the coins even with the 17 inch coil. Lots of trash, buried sewer and power lines don't help the situation.
So after digging lots of iron trash and high conductor items I started figuring the machine out a little more and scored a wheatie at about 7 inches. A little more tweaking of the settings and off I went to get a total of 5 wheats that the CTX missed, oldest being a 1941. Also got a nice marble and part of a horseshoe. For some reason I don't think I'm seeing the great depth the TDI is reputed to have. Maybe it's the site, or maybe it's the driver, guess I'll have to wait and see. But all in all I'm quite happy!

aloldstuff
02-20-2017, 03:56 PM
Keep at it, you'll be mastering that machine in no time.

wisconsin digger
02-20-2017, 08:12 PM
Sounds like my hunt from Sunday 8 wheats, one find was a 3 wheat coin spill with a '64 Rosie. You have to admit its great to be hunting in mid February. Nice finds Chris. WD

Digger_O'Dell
02-20-2017, 08:26 PM
Yes, it's great to be swinging in February! The only drawback being the areas that are still frozen which is how I broke my shovel today. :shocked01: The flip side was the field I tried this afternoon where the mud was so thick and sticky I was soon hobbling around with maybe another 10 pounds stuck on each boot.

groundhog53946
02-25-2017, 12:58 PM
Nice finds Chris! I'm still amazed that no matter how hard and carefully you cover an area that there is still more to find

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

Ill Digger
02-26-2017, 08:53 AM
Your getting the hang of it.
Wheaties are good start :thumbsup01:
Congrats! :grin: