PDA

View Full Version : Awesome week of lunch time silvers!

Bucknut
11-01-2016, 01:28 PM
All of these came from a nearby park that I (and many others) have hunted hard over the past 5 years now. I like finding the trashy areas and going super slow and dig all of the peeps and squeaks that sneak out from the trash.

The 1916 merc has an S mint mark. Always fun to find one a 1916 merc because you just never know.

Then today I found my favorite coin type during lunch. It came in as a 12-32 on my trusty Etrac BUT sounded higher than the numbers indicated. Also it only hit those numbers in one direction. Most of the time is rang up around 12-20 to 12-24. I figured that perhaps something was hiding under a pc of trash and indeed there was! I cut the plug and put the X1 probe in the hole and got a nice 12-45 signal. I think I live for those kind of moments...when a hunch pays off! I scooped out another shovel full of dirt and I saw it...a pretty nice (and tarnished!) 1925 SLQ! I found a pull tab above it and after I reswept the hole there was another solid 12-24 signal near the surface that I'm sure was a another pull tab. Looking at the front of the SLQ I think there was a pc of iron on it or near it as well.

Thanks for looking! Jared

Digger_O'Dell
11-01-2016, 01:59 PM
Big congrats on those great finds! I saw a YouTube video couple days ago that made me rethink those squeaky targets around trash or iron. It was a demo between various detectors when the good target is only 1 inch below 2 nearby adjacent iron nails. The only machine to pick it up was the Deus. All the rest failed miserably, including the CTX. When the items were at the same level, no problem. I recreated the test and verified it with the CTX. I was able to get an iffy squeaker with some tweaking of the program, but in real world detecting they good stuff could easily be missed. Just shows your skills and setup are tops. Well done!

Bucknut
11-01-2016, 02:45 PM
Big congrats on those great finds! I saw a YouTube video couple days ago that made me rethink those squeaky targets around trash or iron. It was a demo between various detectors when the good target is only 1 inch below 2 nearby adjacent iron nails. The only machine to pick it up was the Deus. All the rest failed miserably, including the CTX. When the items were at the same level, no problem. I recreated the test and verified it with the CTX. I was able to get an iffy squeaker with some tweaking of the program, but in real world detecting they good stuff could easily be missed. Just shows your skills and setup are tops. Well done!

Methinks you been watching Calabash digger doing his thing with the deus...he might be the best I have seen with it. Wish I knew that machine as well as his does...I am sure I would find even more good targets at this particular park. But I think I am still doing a pretty good job with my Etrac!

Digger_O'Dell
11-01-2016, 02:49 PM
Actually it was done by Detector Comparisons. Here's the link: https://youtu.be/gGwqHyUSUI8

Bucknut
11-01-2016, 02:51 PM
Actually it was done by Detector Comparisons. Here's the link: https://youtu.be/gGwqHyUSUI8

Oh yeah he loves the deus too! I have been a subscriber to him for a long time now.

aloldstuff
11-01-2016, 07:18 PM
You are doing just fine with the Etrac. Great group of silvers.

milco
11-01-2016, 10:52 PM
I'd say you are doing just fine and probably patiently not missing much! Congrats on those finds!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk