PDA

View Full Version : Four Days of Hunting with Daddy Digger

Digger Don
10-10-2016, 08:48 PM
Last week, I met up with Daddy Digger for a four day hunt. We hunted Northern Illinios Wednesday & Friday, but Thursday we had to travel into Wisconsin to avoid all the rain we were getting here in Illinois.
I struggled to find silver, but I had a pretty decent week over all. I was able to manage a 48 Washington, 2 1950s canadian pennies, a 1916 Buff, a 48 rosie and 11 -1700s Chinese cache Coins.( 2 of which I gave to the home owner)
Even though I didn't have the stellar week I was hoping for, I still had a blast hunting with Dave. I always look forward to him coming uo for some treasure hunting.

On Saturday, Dave and I met up with Tom Hiluxyota & Dave from American Coin Hunting to hunt a Chicago Park.
I only dug one good coin, a very nice 1892 Barber Dime and a CTA ( Chicago Transit Authority) token.
It was another great day. alot of good conversation and an awesome pizza lunch. Everyone came home with silver!!

Digger_O'Dell
10-10-2016, 10:54 PM
Wow, lots of goodies. That Barber is in awesome condition! Great haul on the Chinese coins too, congrats!

Bucknut
10-11-2016, 04:09 AM
Killer barber dime! Congrats on finding all those Chinese coins too!!

Lodge Scent
10-11-2016, 07:11 AM
Nice! Can't say I ever saw a cache of Chinese coins before Don. Very cool. Nine 1700's coppers in one hole. Us east coast cellar hole hunters dream of that!

Love that model badge as well !

wisconsin digger
10-11-2016, 09:53 AM
Great Barber and an oldie as well. Nice hunts. WD

MangoAve
10-11-2016, 09:59 AM
Wow, Nice finds. One of those ancient Chinese coins (or at least 1700s Chinese coins) I'd like to find. Its been done here in CT and apparently out in IL. That badge is pretty neat. Reminds me of a FOB for a tradesman.

Tony Two-Cent
10-11-2016, 10:07 AM
Holy cow, that 1892 Barber Dime has razor sharp details! :shocked04: :loveit:

I think my favorite is that StromBecker model badge. The internets say it's from the 1930s. Way cool!

:congrats:

wisconsin digger
10-12-2016, 09:02 AM
Boy those are 2 nice Barbers you have found in the last couple of weeks. Where is your Pizza photo, Dave looks like he bit off more than he can chew. I hoped you guys helped him out. Great finds Don and I am expecting you to complete that role of Indians this year. WD