PDA

View Full Version : 12 hour hunt, getting tough out there!

Digger_O'Dell
09-14-2016, 10:26 PM
HI all,
Today I had the day to myself so of course I elected to go detecting (what else! LOL). Had plans to drive down to Illinois to do some beach and lake hunting, but I checked the surf report and the waves were just too rough. So i went with plan B, which was a new park that's about an hour drive away. It was an old farm on the 1901 plat, and still has the barn and silo there. The house was just recently removed. The back yard has a small river with a swimming hole too!
As it turns out the place was pretty much devoid of targets other than one old looking arrowhead pendant and a junker earring. Water detecting turned up only a new penny and a shot gun headstamp. The swimming hole itself was too deep to get all of it detected though.

Next I tried another river below the dam. That didn't turn out well either. Because of all the rain lately, the current was too fast and i couldn't hardly move the detector around without extreme effort and i was worried about breaking the shaft.
For the next 6 hours I went to a very old park I've had some luck at in the past, though it's been pounded over the years. This time it was even worse, with recent plugs in the areas I hadn't hit before. For the day I only found one silver rosie and a 1947 S wheatie plus just over $7 in clad.

groundhog53946
09-14-2016, 10:59 PM
Even on your rough days you bring in more clad then I get in 3 days! Congrats on the silver and the rest of it

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

Digger_O'Dell
09-15-2016, 12:28 AM
Thanks Dennis! I'll tell you though, my back is killing me from all that clad and trash digging. Because targets were so scarce I was digging a lot of iffy signals meaning a LOT more holes! Some paid off, most didnt.

aloldstuff
09-15-2016, 06:34 AM
Silver and over $7.00 in clad......nice.

Bucknut
09-15-2016, 08:27 AM
Congrats on what you did recover. The holes you found at the old park were probably from Wisconsin Digger....4 mercs an early Washington and a smoothie SLQ. LOL!

nalc472
09-16-2016, 10:25 AM
Your pay for that CTX in no time in clad. LOL

Fire Fighter 43
09-16-2016, 02:04 PM
That is a lot of digging Chris. At least you were rewarded with a silver, WTG.