PDA

View Full Version : When You're Hot Your Hot!

Bell-Two
08-29-2016, 02:39 PM
We had the opportunity to get out to a permission that we have been working on for over a year, it was not if but when it would be granted. The 1865 house is a stately mansion that is a showcase of the area and since they are remodeling and some pipe work would mean the yard would be torn up it was a good time for them for us to come out. We were told that the yard had been detected before so we were not sure what we would find. The main handicap of the day was the temperature mid 90’s with a heat index of 100+ degrees along with 95 percent humidity. We were there for a couple of hours, Doug found a nice suspender buckle and another buckle, I found a small threaded brass tube and a brass disk with the number 6 on it and Diane found a similar disk with the number 22. The nice lady then took us over to a friend of hers that had an 1828 house! The man was super nice he said he thought that the house might have been detected at one time but wasn’t sure but he did have another site that had a 1900 house he had torn down and that we could hunt it too. He then went to a friend of his just down the road and that man agreed we could detect his early 1800’s house later since he was doing his yard work. Knowing we would not be able to stay long since the heat was already doing in Doug I went along a side and when I came to the front it had some shade and a bit of a breeze so I gladly went that way. My first line showed a lot of iron but then I got a 12-39 to 12-41 signal on my CTX and at 4 inches I dug a very nice 2 Cent piece! Just a few steps more and I got a sweet sounding 12-43 12-44 signal and thinking a Silver dime I was much surprised when it turned out to be Silver alright but not a dime but a Walking Liberty Half Dollar! This 1939 Lady Liberty is beautiful. I turned to do the next line back and I got a penny like signal and it turned out to be a dog…yes a dog with what appears to be silver sheathing on it…no markings but it was 6 inches deep! What a bonanza I thought….well that was about it for the day. Diane was plugging along and found a nice spoon but Doug had to retire to the car and some air conditioning he was looking rather peaked. We are invited back and I am glad since there were some “iffy” signals I normally would have dug but the heat was getting to me too.

https://youtu.be/-4EYDWN0vJU

aloldstuff
08-29-2016, 02:56 PM
Great finds in very adverse conditions. Love that WLH and the two cent is gorgeous. So glad to hear that you have an invite back and looking forward to seeing those finds.

Lodge Scent
08-29-2016, 03:36 PM
Great coins ! Love the pooch !

Bucknut
08-29-2016, 03:47 PM
Great 2 center and Walker! Awesome!

Digger_O'Dell
08-30-2016, 05:49 PM
Very nice finds, congrats on the big walker! That 2 center looks to be in great shape too! Very nice hunt considering the heat. Gotta love that chain of permissions too#

BTV Digger
08-30-2016, 07:27 PM
Congrats on some great finds Tony and Diane! Gotta love those permissions that lead to other permissions! 2 center in great shape, and the Walker - what can I say! Still looking for my first of those.

John

Beartoe
08-31-2016, 04:03 PM
The three of you did excellent all the way around. Permission. More Permission. And then some dandy finds to boot. Bet you will be going back. Make sure we get to see what you find.