PDA

View Full Version : Barber,SLQ,Rosie,Washington,Wheats

OxShoeDrew
08-12-2016, 09:08 AM
I spent two hours yesterday and two more today at a park I've been hitting. Today I had to stop at 8:30 as the sweat was going in my eye. I was wondering if this guy :devilish: would show up.
I found my first SLQ!! :happydance01:(dateless:bummer:)
Only my sixth Barber dime and seventh Washington. I've found more reales than any of these coins. :shocked03:
Wheats are from 1911 on up.
I was checking out those English whistles online and they are freakin expensive!
Thanks for looking and stay cool!:frozen:...well not that cool.

BTV Digger
08-12-2016, 09:35 AM
Congrats on your first SLQ Drew! Man, that park is a great spot. Much better to find the old goodies with some easy swinging during these hot days. Hit 96F up here yesterday...just can't muster going out until this heat breaks a bit. HH!

John

aloldstuff
08-12-2016, 10:05 AM
Congrats on the SLQ.....finally. Looks like a little moisture helped a lot. Nice Barber also.

wisconsin digger
08-12-2016, 11:19 AM
Congrats on SLQ and other goodies. The SLQ's sometimes show dates better after sitting out awhile. Give it a check in a couple of months, sometimes you can pick up a number or two. Great finds WD

Digger_O'Dell
08-12-2016, 11:23 AM
Nice coins, congrats on your first SLQ! Wish my park hunts were half as productive! ;)

Bucknut
08-12-2016, 11:45 AM
Awesome haul of silver! Been a little while since I saw someone post an SLQ! Congrats on your first one!

Cheap Thrills
08-12-2016, 12:38 PM
Congrats on your first SLQ and the rest of your great haul .I have also found one of those Acme Thunderers . I'm guessing it was used by a schoolteacher or Wily Coyote .

Beartoe
08-13-2016, 09:18 AM
Excellent silver.

Thanks for the heads up on the whistle, I also have one of those with original pea. Doesn't work so good. But nice to know it has some value other than just a really cool show piece.