PDA

View Full Version : Detecting with Digger Don and Digger Al--A few nice keepers

Full Metal Digger
05-29-2016, 01:31 PM
Hey Diggers,
Friday I drove up for 2 days of full-tilt boogie detecting with Don and Al. What can I say? These guys always take me to their best spots and really make me feel welcome. Not up for long-winded writing today--I'll just post the pics. And yes it is true we got run out of Dwight, Illinois because we did not have a permit to door knock and ask to MD. I will never spend a penny in that town.

Digger Don
05-29-2016, 02:22 PM
Amazing finds Dave. I'm really glad you did well up here. Again! Nice job straightening that spoon.
I can't believe all the detail on that masonic temple plate. Very cool find.
And of coarse, my favorite the 1870 Two Center.
We're already looking forward to the next get together.
See ya then, Don

Bucknut
05-29-2016, 04:34 PM
Great bunch of hunts! That 2 center is awesome! Low mintage I think too! Congrats!

Digger_O'Dell
05-29-2016, 06:24 PM
Awesome hunts and a great bunch of finds! That 2 cent looks pretty nice.

relichunterryan
05-29-2016, 08:40 PM
Amazing finds, love the skeleton key..

HH

wisconsin digger
05-30-2016, 08:30 PM
GREAT pics of some awesome finds. WD Some really nice Indians and mintmarked wheats

Tony Two-Cent
05-31-2016, 08:31 AM
Congrats on the wonderful finds, Dave! I love that two cent piece! Not a common date, and it's in nice shape. The Masonic medallion is an interesting relic too.

If I remember correctly, Dwight, IL also does not allow metal detecting in their parks and they have signs posted stating such. Sounds like a place to avoid for sure!

Fire Fighter 43
05-31-2016, 07:19 PM
Congrats on all the great finds, especially the 2 center, they are a rare find, WTG.

milco
06-01-2016, 07:25 AM
Awesome finds!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MangoAve
06-01-2016, 10:14 AM
Sweet bit of finds. There must be something with the 1898 series of IH. Mine that I pulled up was immaculate as well. The 1897 was decent. Gahh, I'm still waiting for my first 2 center...

Wtf??? You need a permit to door knock in Dwight, Ill?? How crazy is that? It's not like a fishing license where the funds go to the DEEP and restocking ponds with fish. I mean, does someone seed these homeowner's lawns with silver coins? That is the most ridonculous thing I have ever heard. Another stupid way govt finds a way to tax the people.