PDA

View Full Version : Sat Hunt Video--Need help ID-ing RRdiggers find

NiagaraCountyNY
08-08-2010, 06:02 AM
I meet up with my buddy Rob(RRdigger) sat for one of the longest,toughest walk on been on in awhile! Steep,steep hills and thick! managed a few finds,but we never located the site we were looking for.Need some help ID-ing the item RRdigger found plz. THX Sat Hunt 8-7-2010.MOV (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7ttsfs_J5I#ws)

del
08-08-2010, 07:22 AM
nice video and that area looks good with lots of potential as well , very nice decorated suspender buckle , your friends brass or copper cone shaped relic looks like something i found last year mine is a little diferent and not quite as ornate . heres a picture of mine does it seem the same to you :huh: not quite sure what mine is but one though was a top to a womans parasol or umbrella . or small :usaflag: pole top . congrats on the finds again.

Dan

coinnut
08-08-2010, 09:50 AM
Nice suspender buckle. 1872 is a great time period (think ofthe coins that can go with it :clapping:) That tall piece may be from furniture. A finial can be used at the top of a bed post ot a dresser. Put in the word finial in Google and hit the images button and you will see tons of them. I think it's a decorative furniture piece, but just guessing. Take some time in re-researching the maps and try and pin down that location more accurately. Being off just a bit on a map, can lead to miles of walking lol I know 8/ Great hunt and that park looks like it can be older.

NiagaraCountyNY
08-08-2010, 10:02 AM
Well RRdigger tells me he found a small hole on that thing where a handle connected.From what he found on the Net its a candle snuffer.We found out about being off by a half inch on the map(5 miles walking later!) .My body is not happy with my brain today LOL....Everything hurts.Not sure if the brain can get the body to follow it on many more hikes like that! Going back soon...Gonna take more than pain to stop me from those relics! HH

DESERT DOG
08-08-2010, 10:12 AM
nice video cool find thumbsup01 thumbsup01

pulltabsteve
08-10-2010, 06:49 PM
Thanks for the Video! The first place is the kind of site I love to detect in. Great finds.

leslie(nova scotia)
08-10-2010, 07:20 PM
From the land of the Bluenose...well you bouys certainly deserve every find you made. Congrats on the silver and assortment of this and that. Going back?

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-12-2010, 06:05 AM
very nice! i had to laugh about the long hike and knockin a few years off your life. shoot ..then all us cellar hole hunters should be dead by now rofl

zrickkid
08-12-2010, 10:13 PM
Nice finds, keep digging!