PDA

View Full Version : Extreme detecting....in the snow....medieval silver and more

Johan K
01-16-2016, 03:34 PM
Did some detecting during a blizzard haha. Some great finds, 1/2 silver guilder, 25 cents silver (all Dutch), mediėval buckles, my buddy found a silver mediėval coin (German) late 1500 (1466), lots of 1700 coins (copper), pendant riligious. I wanted to add a video, couldn't fix it. Finds on the pic are from 2 afternoons detecting.

Johan K
01-16-2016, 03:44 PM
Oh darn, sorry...forgot to add the mediėval coin from my mate.....
It's a ½ Groat , Enno I ( 1466-1491) , Emden , Ostfriesland (that's near the findingspot so that figures)

del
01-16-2016, 04:27 PM
Johan , its good to see hobbyists just as :crazy:"dedicated":crazy:as we are over here :lol::lol: I commend you for going out in the adverse weather to the goodies!!:notworthy:

Bucknut
01-16-2016, 05:04 PM
Congrats on battling all the cold weather and finding some crazy old items! I went out in the snow today too...only lasted 20 minutes.

Johan K
01-16-2016, 06:08 PM
Congrats on battling all the cold weather and finding some crazy old items! I went out in the snow today too...only lasted 20 minutes.

Let's move to Florida ! Beachhunting in our swimmingpants ! Beer, great view....well you know.

Digger_O'Dell
01-16-2016, 07:17 PM
Way to go Johan! Awesome finds that could only be found on your side of the pond. Like Del said, it's good to know the Euro folk can be as crazy as we are! Wish I could get out detecting here in Wisconsin but the ground is so hard you would need a jackhammer! Even though I have been water detecting lately in well below freezing temperatures, that has been limited by the waters freezing over on the inland side, or winter storms causing waves much bigger than I am on Lake Michigan making that impossible.

Johan K
01-17-2016, 04:34 AM
Way to go Johan! Awesome finds that could only be found on your side of the pond. Like Del said, it's good to know the Euro folk can be as crazy as we are! Wish I could get out detecting here in Wisconsin but the ground is so hard you would need a jackhammer! Even though I have been water detecting lately in well below freezing temperatures, that has been limited by the waters freezing over on the inland side, or winter storms causing waves much bigger than I am on Lake Michigan making that impossible.

Haha, oh yes we are just as crazy as you folks ! You know that feeling, working all week....staring out of the window at the office....and then at your day off...snow or rain ! Darn ! That's not what I had imagined haha, so I'd the urge and desire to go outside...Always....because....If you don't go out (especially out of the comfortzone) you'll find nothing....Too bad for you mister O'dell that you can't go out detecting ! Here in wintertime the soil freezes that hard also...but we have a very mild winter now...thanks to global warming haha. Keep up the good work !!

BTV Digger
01-17-2016, 09:32 PM
Great haul Johan. You are one crazy dude hunting in that weather! Is that an old lead pencil in the wide shot?

John

Johan K
01-19-2016, 07:23 AM
Great haul Johan. You are one crazy dude hunting in that weather! Is that an old lead pencil in the wide shot?

John

No,thats copper. It is a so called windowpin. Back then you could lift a window (slide it up) en pin it so the window won't fell down. It's not that old, 18-19th century, I've got a bunch of them. There use to be a cord attached to the loop.