PDA

View Full Version : Oh so close

wisconsin digger
11-08-2015, 08:19 PM
Went on a road trip today in hopes of finding silver #200. Things started out good as I found an unexpected 12-44 Rosie to get to 198. I went to a ballfield I found 5 silver at the last time I was there and could barely get a good signal. Best coin I found there was a 1917 "D" wheatie. I went outside the ball diamond and found a Rosie nearly right away for 199. I moved about 2 feet and got the same signal at the same depth and was sure I had 200. As fate would have it was a Soap Cake Token that I am pretty sure everyone has found at least one. I hunted another 3 hours and could not muster another good signal. On the week I did pretty well but was bummed out I could not hit 200. Earlier in the week I did find some cool local history I am researching. it is a Badge with the date 1899 and the towns name as well as the "Wisconsin" across the top. It's still a bit crusty but I hope to work up some more detail to figure exactly what it is from. All in all happy with the week and it was another beautiful fall day to hunt. Keep swinging Wisconsin Digger

Digger_O'Dell
11-08-2015, 09:51 PM
Congrats on 198 and 199! Like the soap token, but you are wrong-I still haven't found one yet! :lol:

Please keep us updated on that badge-it looks very interesting!

Cheap Thrills
11-08-2015, 10:40 PM
Congrats on your great coinage for the year and your other good finds .We had Chrystal White soap at our house when I was a young Lad . It was "basement soap" , heavy duty , harsh and not fit for use on humans and animals . It had a distinctive industrial smell all of it's own .I would recognize that smell today . Oh , I never found one of those tokens either .

milco
11-08-2015, 10:58 PM
Nice bunch of finds! Congrats on a super year!

aloldstuff
11-09-2015, 05:56 AM
Super good hunting. I'm sure that #200 will be in your next plug. Cool badge and I also have never dug one of those soap tokens.

Expecting to be reading about #200 real soon......

MangoAve
11-09-2015, 09:28 AM
Nice score on the silvers even if you are just one shy. You'll get it in the next hunt. The Badge is interesting. Looks like it might be copper underneath. You can try something like vinegar on it. I used it on my tercentennial FOB and it did show the copper afterward.

you are wrong-I still haven't found one yet!

Same here, but maybe I'm in a different part of the US so I might never find one.

wisconsin digger
11-09-2015, 02:51 PM
Probably common to the Wisconsin area as I think I have 5 of them now. Normally they are in a little better shape. WD

MIKE54
11-09-2015, 06:00 PM
Number 200 is coming soon !! And I'm jealous because I'm only up to #74 in 4 years!