PDA

View Full Version : A little variety

Cheap Thrills
11-02-2015, 12:02 AM
Same spot , same scenario . The rain is finally supposed to pop in tonight and go into half of tomorrow so made it a point to get out today . I got in about 3 hrs. I managed to bag a 45s Merc ,2 clad dimes , an English Penny , a green wheat , 7 stinky zinks , a religious medallion and a few "fooled ya's" .
I may have gotten an extra hours sleep in last night but I can see my inner time clock is already thrown off .I don't care too much for these days of shorter daylight . To extend my hunting time and get a little more of my chores done , I will be posting my finds at the end of the month from now on . I will drop in on occasion to keep up on the great finds that are posted here . Here's some badly done pictures of today's hunt . Happy Holidays to all .

Digger_O'Dell
11-02-2015, 03:51 AM
Some nice finds despite the short days we have now. Gots to love those "Fooled Ya" coins-I have found lots of them myself! :lol:

OxShoeDrew
11-02-2015, 05:12 AM
I thought the ground sounded great yesterday, I wish I could have kept hunting. I'm not a fan of this clock changing stuff myself. That medal looks very interesting. Could you date it? Good job George!

wisconsin digger
11-02-2015, 07:02 AM
Nice finds. I agree these shorter days are %^$#^&. No more hunting after work. WD

MangoAve
11-02-2015, 08:57 AM
Yeah, it seems the person who proposed daylight savings did it so he could have more daylight for collecting bugs. Actually, it appears that Fall/Winter is the correct time, while Spring/Summer are when the clocks are off which gives us more time to be out detecting. Still sucks, tho, that in the little remaining time before the ground freezes, we are stuck with weekend hunts, vacation day hunts, or very short after work hunts.

As for the finds, nice going. That medal is interesting. I thought it was bigger, but comparing it to the merc, which looks bigger than the green wheat, its not as big as I thought.

Cheap Thrills
11-02-2015, 02:50 PM
I thought the ground sounded great yesterday, I wish I could have kept hunting. I'm not a fan of this clock changing stuff myself. That medal looks very interesting. Could you date it? Good job George!

Thanks Drew , It looks like 1975 . I took some new pictures to try to clear things up a bit ( may have gotten a bit carried away):lol: . Even indoors on the kitchen counter , the daylight from the window makes for a better picture .I have a real difficult time with getting the lighting to cooperate at night indoors .Still not the caliber of pictures I'm trying to acquire .

Well , the rain finally got here and hopefully it livens things up again at this site . Thanks for looking and the comments guys .:thumbsup01:

Cheap Thrills
11-02-2015, 03:06 PM

Thanks Drew , I took some new pictures to try to clear things up a bit ( may have gotten a bit carried away):lol: . Even indoors on the kitchen counter , the daylight from the window makes for a better picture .I have a real difficult time with getting the lighting to cooperate at night indoors .Still not the caliber of pictures I'm trying to acquire .

Well , the rain finally got here and hopefully it livens things up again at this site . Thanks for looking and the comments guys .:thumbsup01:

aloldstuff
11-03-2015, 08:21 AM
Lets revolt and just not participate in this clock change thing.....who's on board? Nice to see some silver and we all just "love" those fooled ya signals....:lol: