PDA

View Full Version : The weeks summary - slow start but good finish

wisconsin digger
10-25-2015, 09:01 PM
Got off to a slow start with the sciatica but after that past I felt good enough to go on a marathon hunt today to finish with a pretty good week.. Up through today I found a Merc, Rosie, War Nickel and a 1918 Buffalo along with a handful of wheats. Hunts were a little short as I was still aching from the sciatica. Everything was back to normal today so I spent about 6 hours in the field and had pretty good results. Finally got back to some new ground I found and came away with a half dozen wheats, a Washington, 3 Mercs and a Rosie. Also found a 5 cent Token I've seen before buts its been along time since I found one. its older as it is only a 5 center and has a hole in the middle. Looking forward to getting out during the week this week and hopefully pushing towards 200 silver. Keep swinging Wisconsin Digger

Digger_O'Dell
10-25-2015, 09:13 PM
Looks like overall you had a great week! Glad to see you're feeling better and back in action. Hope to see more finds soon!

Cheap Thrills
10-25-2015, 09:28 PM
Awesome !! It just goes to show " you can't keep a good man down " . Congrats on feeling better and some great hunting .

groundhog53946
10-25-2015, 09:43 PM
Glad your feel well enough to get out before winter shuts us Wisconsin diggers down. Keep it up

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

MangoAve
10-26-2015, 07:44 AM
Nice WD. Eight silvers in a week is pretty good. Guess the buff has a legible date even tho the pic is too small. Nice token. I would like to find one of those, but those are hard to come by around here. Go figure. There has to be a reason for it, esp when I know of one town where a lot of land was bought up by the town around the depression era. Some of the old houses are underwater now, but the notion that the decline and a probable need for tokens yet there are almost none.

Full Metal Digger
10-26-2015, 06:14 PM
Great finds. I hope your sciatica is feeling better. How did you clean the buffalo nickel?

wisconsin digger
10-27-2015, 06:34 AM
My usual salt and vinegar and a little olive oil. I know everyone dreads cleaning but they look better then the burnt brown color. Thanks WD

MangoAve
10-27-2015, 07:06 AM
My usual salt and vinegar and a little olive oil. I know everyone dreads cleaning but they look better then the burnt brown color. Thanks WD

Interesting. I may try this sometime on a buff. Lol. I do hate the process to clean some of the finds but when you get an LC and cant tell exactly what it is.. or a large button that turns out to be a dandy where the crud was hiding the design, the night after the hunt the cleaning part is ok because of the anticipation.

Bucknut
10-27-2015, 10:38 AM
Man you had a great week...again! You have some great spots!

aloldstuff
10-28-2015, 11:20 AM
Fantastic results. How many more silvers before the 200 is reached.

wisconsin digger
10-28-2015, 06:10 PM
Thanks to Firefighter 43 I am down to needing 12 more. There has to be 12 hiding somewhere out there. WD