PDA

View Full Version : Weeks finds - fewer silver but bigger

wisconsin digger
09-14-2015, 10:13 PM
Weather is beautiful but places to hunt is dwindling. Last Friday went to a park I found earlier in the summer that look promising. Looks were very deceiving as the Park was a complete bust. On the way home I hit a Park I've hunted but with little luck. Decided to hit the ball field which was not in use since HS ball ended. In 15 minutes I found 2 Washingtons and several Wheaties. Must of been a much older ballfield then it looked because the coins were all pretty old and the Washingtons were in nice shape for 30's and 40's era. Not sure what I downloaded for pictures but return trips to the Ballfield and some other spots resulted in a Washington, 1 Merc, 2 Rosies, 3 War Nickels, 2 Buffalos and 19 wheats. Some nice surprises for the week. Tomorrow I have a hunt planned with firefighter43 so that will be a new experience and a chance to actually hunt with a fellow Detectorist. Hopefully we will find some stuff to post. Keep swinging Wisconsin Digger

Digger_O'Dell
09-14-2015, 10:20 PM
Some great finds there WD! Hope you have a great time tomorrow with firefighter43! Maybe one day soon we can organize a group hunt somewhere good with all of us S.E. Wi. folk. Maybe try a late fall hunt at my place once the soybeans are gone-got almost 50 acres to cover, plus maybe a couple hundred more in the adjacent nature preserve.

groundhog53946
09-14-2015, 11:27 PM
I would say that that was a nice weeks worth of finds. Well done

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

Jim D
09-14-2015, 11:39 PM
Congratulations!:groovy: Great hunt! good luck with FF43 tomorrow! nice picks!

MangoAve
09-15-2015, 08:34 AM
Nice score on some silver. The JFKs don't pop up much it seems. Spots are dwindling?... time to research more. It's always a bigger list when you first start and places that are a bust you cross off.

MIKE54
09-15-2015, 03:35 PM
That really is a nice variety of finds. It's more fun finding a lot of different things in the same hunt.

Digger Don
09-15-2015, 08:56 PM
Thats a great week of finds. Looks like you found a little honey hole there.
Congrats on the Silvers.
BTW. if you ever want someone to swing with, let me know. It's always more fun detecting with some one else.

Fire Fighter 43
09-15-2015, 09:16 PM
You had a good week Dave, WTG. I like the idea of all of us SE WI AD members getting together for a hunt.

del
09-15-2015, 09:35 PM
great solid silver totals right there !! congrats WD

BTV Digger
09-16-2015, 05:24 PM
Nice silvers for sure. Yep, time to start researching again. There's always more sites just waiting to be hit, but pvt prop may be in your future as the public spaces within reasonable driving distance begin to dwindle.

John

ducktrapper
09-16-2015, 11:25 PM
Hah -- those finds exceed my totals combined for July and August! Great job. Ballfields (literally, the outfield) are one of my most productive spots. And it seems like most of them got reversed at some point in time, so what is the outfield today used to be along first base or some such. This is the time of year to hit them! And don't rule out the possibility that some guy from NW part of the state might want to tag along on the SE group hunt. . .