PDA

View Full Version : My first few fall hunts

Fire Fighter 43
09-13-2015, 02:29 PM
Here are a my finds from my first couple of hunts now that my fall detecting has started. The Mercury 35 is from a new church site that was loaded with iron and very few good targets. I suspect I was not the first to hunt it. The two Rosie's 57 & 62 and Indian 1888 are from my go to spot, the grove. I was using the six inch coil and working the trashy areas. There is also about 15 wheats and around $3 in clad.

OxShoeDrew
09-13-2015, 05:37 PM
Nice going Jeff...what do you mean by "fall detecting has started"...does it ever stop? :lol:

Digger Don
09-13-2015, 06:09 PM
Congrats on the Silvers and Indian. You always do great at those old church sites.

Digger_O'Dell
09-13-2015, 06:38 PM
Nice haul there Jeff! Glad to see you back in action!

MangoAve
09-14-2015, 07:59 AM
Nice bit of silver. With a haul like that including the clad, I am thinking if someone already hit the place they did very sloppy work and did a short hunt. I would tend to believe there was just less activity in the earlier times and maybe some areas were graded. Merely speculation with a semi-edumacated analysis.

...what do you mean by "fall detecting has started"...does it ever stop?

:lol: I'd agree. If only the ground never froze and it never snowed (but still have the 400 years history) then nothing would get done at home.

Fire Fighter 43
09-14-2015, 08:04 AM
I break-up my detecting up into two seasons spring and fall. Mainly because of my kids summer sports camping and golfing in the summer. I also prefer not to detect when it is hot and the ground is as hard as a rock. I do hunt winter as long as the ground isn't frozen.

Nice going Jeff...what do you mean by "fall detecting has started"...does it ever stop? :lol:

Fire Fighter 43
09-14-2015, 08:06 AM
I only found 6 coins at the first site and I believe it did have areas that had been graded.

Nice bit of silver. With a haul like that including the clad, I am thinking if someone already hit the place they did very sloppy work and did a short hunt. I would tend to believe there was just less activity in the earlier times and maybe some areas were graded. Merely speculation with a semi-edumacated analysis.

:lol: I'd agree. If only the ground never froze and it never snowed (but still have the 400 years history) then nothing would get done at home.