PDA

View Full Version : Big silver spill...

Bucknut
07-31-2015, 11:17 AM
Yesterday evening I went out for about 4 hours of detecting to an town near where I live. I hit a city owned spot that I have tried before but have only found 1 wheatie in the past...much of the area has a lot of fill dirt on it. But last evening I found an area that seemed to have original dirt and in it I came across a nice high pitch tone but it seemed a bit big so I was not too confident it would be silver. I cut the plug and at the bottom of the hole was a 1944 Walking Half! Then I filled in the hole and sure enough I was still getting a high pitch signal about 3 inches off to the side of my original hole. A 1940 Washington came out of it.

Later on as the sun had set I hit another public spot at an intersection of two main roads going through the town. I like to go when it is darker out simply because I do not want passersby to see me and hit up the same spot before I am finished cleaning it out first. I was only there for an hour but I found 2 worn but very nice Indians (1882 and 1887), a marble and a valve stem cover to an old car...maybe a Model T?

Happy hunting!

Lodge Scent
07-31-2015, 11:45 AM
Congrats on the silver! The Walker is in nice shape! Those IHPs are great looking too. :congrats:

OxShoeDrew
07-31-2015, 05:43 PM
Sweet Hunt!! :shocked03:
Indians like those are not "worn" in these parts :lol: :envious: How's the other side of the half?

Skamaniac
07-31-2015, 06:31 PM
I like silver, but I also really like the design and appearance of IH's. Nice work.