PDA

View Full Version : A Couple of After Work Hunts / Big Silver for Digger Al

Digger Don
06-23-2015, 10:03 PM
Thursday, we decided to try a new town not to far from where I grew up. We only had time for one house, but we managed a few keepers. I dug a 1954 Rosie and 3 wheats and Alec dug an Admiral Dewey Token and 2 Wheats.

Monday, I met up with Zrickid after work. Once again, we had time for one house. I was able to find a 1946 Rosie and 2 wheats.

Tuesday, tonight Alec and I went back to the town we hit last Thursday. We had seven houses in a row with nobody home.
I was starting to get a little frustrated by the lack of effort of the home owners. LOL We decided to hit one last house,We got a YES. Finally!! Alec got a real nice signal in the parkway and dug our first Half dollar of the year. A 1953 Franklin Half. I dug a little .925 silver ring and 8 wheats. I think we'll be going back to that town.

Dan
06-24-2015, 01:17 AM
You Gents are having a fantastic year so far! Congrats on the Big Ben Al! Neat Ring Al, they are called Claddagh rings...Irish friendship ring.

HH& GL, Dan

OxShoeDrew
06-24-2015, 03:54 AM
"I was starting to get a little frustrated by the lack of effort of the home owners." :lol: That Franklin is on my bucket list :notworthy:
Keep it up!

MangoAve
06-24-2015, 06:24 AM
Pulling up a bit of silver this year. Wasn't there a Franklin half between you two last year? I never heard of the play money but it is interesting. I wonder how accurate the 1917 date on the play money is. Dan was right about those rings. They been a trend lately for those rings. Since yours is literally stamped that it was made in Ireland, it seems it's the real deal. I mean...authentic.

"I was starting to get a little frustrated by the lack of effort of the home owners."

Drew...there's been one I have a permission at where I need to call. When I call, he's busy and I get told to call back. When I call back, no one answers.....

Edit: Surprise surprise. Yesterday there was stuff making the owner busy again.

Bucknut
06-24-2015, 06:35 AM
Nice Benny!

Digger Don
06-24-2015, 07:36 AM
Pulling up a bit of silver this year. Wasn't there a Franklin half between you two last year? I never heard of the play money but it is interesting. I wonder how accurate the 1917 date on the play money is.

Yes, Alec dug one about this time last year. Still on my bucket list.

It seems that the play money was given out in packs of gum back in the 30s. Different coins had different Heros on them.

Tony Two-Cent
06-24-2015, 10:04 AM
And the hits just keep on coming! :thumbsup02:

Congrats on the Franklin Half, Digger Al! I'm still looking for my first one. That's a terrific find! :yes:

Full Metal Digger
06-24-2015, 03:48 PM
Great Job on finding that BF half Alec. Hey Don, did you notice he didn't scratch it? LOL, just kidding. :poke: I've seen lots of those claddagh rings found but that's the first one I have seen marked Ireland! You guys are doing very well this year--keep up the good work! Best wishes and HH, Dave.

chief5709
06-25-2015, 04:37 AM
Nice! Not sure why but Ben is one of my favorite US coins!

aloldstuff
06-25-2015, 06:31 AM
Nice pile of keepers. Congrats to Alex for his Franklin half which by the way is still on my wish list. Yes the efforts of homeowners are sometimes lacking.

GA1dad
06-26-2015, 12:05 PM
Great finds y'all!! Glad you can still hunt,,, high 90's to 100's have kept me from hunting for a couple of weeks. Getting the itch. I'm hoping heatwave will break soon. Beautiful Franklin half Digger Al!!

Digger Don
06-26-2015, 02:16 PM
Great finds y'all!! Glad you can still hunt,,, high 90's to 100's have kept me from hunting for a couple of weeks. Getting the itch. I'm hoping heatwave will break soon. Beautiful Franklin half Digger Al!!
Thanks. yeah, we've been lucky. still getting a lot of rain so door knocking is still in play. Once it heats up and the ground dries, our door knocking will be on hold for a while.

Lodge Scent
06-27-2015, 09:00 PM
That is a nice hunk of silver :congrats: