PDA

View Full Version : In the Treasure Corner - Which Woman?

danhughes
06-19-2015, 04:11 PM
http://assets.libsyn.com/content/9233475

Soon, the face of a woman will adorn our ten-dollar bill. But which woman?

Mr. Jack Lew, Secretary of the Treasury, wants your help in choosing.

Sacajawea? Eleanor Roosevelt? Miley Cyrus?

There is no one woman who really stands out, but there are plenty of women who should be seriously considered.

This program explains which women, by law, cannot be chosen. And it looks at men who have been on currency for clues as to the women who might make the cut.

Listen at http://thetreasurecorner.com.

Full Metal Digger
06-20-2015, 07:19 PM
I agree Dan. Mr. Lew will be hailed a hero and a villain no matter whom he chooses! Another enjoyable podcast! HH, Dave.

del
06-20-2015, 07:46 PM
I'm not sure why we have to have someone replace Mr. Hamilton , no doubt if he wasn't killed in a duel , he probably would of become a vice president or president later in life . I'm not opposed to seeing a strong or courageous woman on currency by any means just think Hamilton should stay.

Lodge Scent
06-25-2015, 06:52 PM
Yeah Hamilton was no stiff....he was one of the "founding fathers". But who can you bump with out causing a big stink? Maybe Grover Cleveland off of the $1000 ?? I'm not sure they even print those any more ??

Strong and courageous ??? How about Harriet Tubman.

del
06-25-2015, 07:11 PM
Yeah Hamilton was no stiff....he was one of the "founding fathers". But who can you bump with out causing a big stink? Maybe Grover Cleveland off of the $1000 ?? I'm not sure they even print those any more ??

Well could always come up with another denomination , say a 25 dollar bill ? I like Harriet Tubman , thats not a bad choice Jeff .

danhughes
06-25-2015, 07:12 PM

The $1000 bill is long gone. Many people were pushing for a woman on the $20 - they want to dump Jackson because he was a pretty rotten human being.

Tubman is the front-runner so far.

OxShoeDrew
06-25-2015, 07:14 PM
Tubman is a good choice Jeff...or how 'bout Lady Liberty...or Susan B Anthony? I think I read they are making some of the bills the old way Dan, with Hamilton staying on a small percentage of them.

danhughes
06-25-2015, 07:45 PM
I think I read they are making some of the bills the old way Dan, with Hamilton staying on a small percentage of them.

They haven't decided yet, except to say that EITHER Hamilton will appear on all the new bills, either on the back or tiny on the front, OR they will issue two different series, one remaining with Hamilton and the other with the woman-to-be-named-later.

donald sutphin
06-26-2015, 06:27 AM
the new miss katelyn jenner would be a fine one to put on the 3 dollar bill ,instead go ahead and put bruce on the 10.00.

Bucknut
06-26-2015, 09:29 AM
I wish we still had Lady Liberty on our coinage and even our paper bills. That would be my vote every time!

freemindstuck
06-26-2015, 02:22 PM
I think it's about time they put a real woman on our worthless fiat currency. I just don't understand why they decided to replace Hamilton instead of that murdering genocidal maniac Jackson. When the Supreme court ruled in favor of the Iroquios Nation. Jackson said lets see them enforce it and removed them anyways forcing them to march halfway across the country and killing thousands of them.

Kemper
06-26-2015, 10:25 PM
I don't know why someone has to bumped off the currency. Why not just include more people (women ). They could have 20 different variations of the bills and it wouldn't bother me. Might cost more to produce and might be harder to detect counterfeits though, so that could be a factor.