PDA

View Full Version : A Few Short Hunts This Week / Silver, Relic & token

Digger Don
05-28-2015, 10:01 PM
Sunday, Due to all the rain storms, I was only able get in a short hunt. I hit an old church about a mile from my house and dug a 1902-O Barber Dime.
Tuesday, I only got out for about an hour after work, again due to rain. I dug a cool Lion Head Buckle ( or should I say, half a buckle ) I'm thinking it's Civil war era.
Thursday, I met up with Zrickkid after work. We hit one house and i dug a 1941 Washington Quarter and a 1936 Merc.
Ricky had to go so I hit one more for about half an hour before it got dark. I dug 6 Wheats and a Red Goose Token. I only hit about a 1/4 of the lawn, so I asked the owner if I could stop back next week. He said yes.

del
05-29-2015, 03:39 AM
very nice assortment Don , the buckle is the envy of this relic hunter :loveit: I'm leaning on the authentic side myself , it has beautiful patina :thumbsup02: huge congrats :groovy:

Digger Don
05-30-2015, 01:30 PM
[QUOTE=del;187996]very nice assortment Don , the buckle is the envy of this relic hunter :loveit: I'm leaning on the authentic side myself , it has beautiful patina :thumbsup02: huge congrats :groovy:[/QUOT

Thank You so much for helping me figure out what it was.
Do you think it could be Civil War era? I can't find the exact one anywhere.

Trooper Bri
05-30-2015, 03:33 PM
Congrats Don. Some silver and something Dan is drooling over!

mownomo
05-31-2015, 06:43 PM
Nice finds. I especially like the Red Goose token. When I was a kid, they and Buster Brown were the desired shoes for growing feet. Thanks for sharing.

Tony Two-Cent
06-01-2015, 02:53 PM
Great bunch of finds as always, Don! Awesome Barber Dime!

But the crown jewel has to be that buckle! That thing is way cool!

:congrats:

donald sutphin
06-01-2015, 05:49 PM
Lion/Snake Belt Plate (Blockade Buckle),vanzutphen. The buckle you have is authentic I do believe.,vanzutphen I think its confederate? But it is from the civil war.....

Ill Digger
06-01-2015, 09:37 PM
A few short hunts, but lottsa goodies!! :thumbsup02:
The lion buckle is cool :cool: for sure! But you know how I like the old tokens! :drool:
Congrats on all the goodies!! :grin:

aloldstuff
06-04-2015, 03:17 PM
Great finds especially that buckle...huge :congrats:

del
06-05-2015, 09:10 AM
Don this is the closest match I could find on your Buckle unfortunately its in worse shape and the opposite side that you have but the lion's feature details are very similar . they list it from "Georgian/Victorian" era (1840's -60's)

http://www.ukdfd.co.uk/ukdfddata/showrecords.php?product=28846&title=belt-clasp&cat=178

Digger Don
06-05-2015, 10:07 AM
Don this is the closest match I could find on your Buckle unfortunately its in worse shape and the opposite side that you have but the lion's feature details are very similar . they list it from "Georgian/Victorian" era (1840's -60's)

http://www.ukdfd.co.uk/ukdfddata/showrecords.php?product=28846&title=belt-clasp&cat=178
Dan
That does look like the same one.Very Cool.
Thanks again for your help on this one.
I don't find alot of decent old relics here in northern Illinois. Mostly Tokens.
This one goes on the "GOOD' shelf for sure. Don