PDA

View Full Version : Medieval golden coin ! My second this year !!

Johan K
05-28-2015, 01:20 PM
My new detector pays of ! Bought a Minelab CTX a few months ago. I thought it was january when I found a beautifull French mediėval golden coin, sold it and bought myself a CTX. Just a few miles away from the first golden coin I found my second this year, man I was thrilled. This golden coin was minted by the Bishop from Liege (Belgium) and dated from 1480-1505. I found these coins on so called "higher grounds" They made hills themselves to keep them from fludding due to the sea. Now we've got dykes and the higher grounds were no longer needed. As you know we live here below sea-level.

4790947910 Scatched it.....D.mn !

This coin I found in january:

4791147912 French Ecu 15th century, Charles de Victorieux (related to Jean de d'Arc)

With kind regards,

Johan

Lodge Scent
05-28-2015, 07:34 PM
:wow: You just keep digging up some great finds Johan !

Pacivilwarluke
05-28-2015, 09:03 PM
One gold coin in a year is outstanding but two!? HUGE congrats!!! :0 and the year is still young!!

leslie(nova scotia)
05-28-2015, 09:29 PM
That is super me bouy!

del
05-29-2015, 03:34 AM
:shocked05:yes Two gold coin in one year is phenominal Johan :perfect10: I hope you get to take another picture of this one with the black background it really brings out the color. great great coin sir , thanks for sharing it with us.

Dan

Tony Two-Cent
05-29-2015, 07:24 AM
Finding a medieval coin is unfathomable to me. Find a GOLD medieval coin is simply off the charts! INCREDIBLE! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

That is is a real beauty, it still has nice detail. You sir, get ALL of the congrats today! Phenomenal find, Johan! :perfect10:

Johan K
05-29-2015, 02:15 PM
:shocked05:yes Two gold coin in one year is phenominal Johan :perfect10: I hope you get to take another picture of this one with the black background it really brings out the color. great great coin sir , thanks for sharing it with us.

Dan

Thanks 4 your reaction Dan ! You've noticed the difference in color, that's because the first golden coin is a gold guilder with low gold contents.
The French coin is almost 24 k.

Johan K
05-29-2015, 02:20 PM
Finding a medieval coin is unfathomable to me. Find a GOLD medieval coin is simply off the charts! INCREDIBLE! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

That is is a real beauty, it still has nice detail. You sir, get ALL of the congrats today! Phenomenal find, Johan! :perfect10:

Thanks for your kind reaction Tony ! I found these coins on almost the same field (grass). We did a few stunning finds there, mediėval silver coins as well (5).
Back in 1500 the Spanish soldiers fought against the British, Dutch en Scottish. I think they lost some goodies....good for us !! The area is that big we could hunt there for months.
Why don't you come over haha ! I'm living up north in the Netherlands, so we don't find (hardly) any Roman coins. Too bad. For Roman coins we've to travell south for 200 km.
Greetz from Europe !

Johan K
05-29-2015, 02:22 PM
One gold coin in a year is outstanding but two!? HUGE congrats!!! :0 and the year is still young!!

Well, my goal is to find another one haha. But i'm satisfied with everything ! Just being out in the open is enough with my mates !

Restoring Your Finds
05-30-2015, 07:42 AM
Fantastic find !!!

Congratulations. Still waiting for my first gold coin but at least, I recently witnessed the recovery of one.

Johan K
05-30-2015, 12:00 PM
Fantastic find !!!

Congratulations. Still waiting for my first gold coin but at least, I recently witnessed the recovery of one.

Wow, thats's an experiance too !

Restoring Your Finds
05-31-2015, 08:27 AM
Yes, it's right here : http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/showthread.php?17658-Gold-Coin!

Johan K
05-31-2015, 09:13 AM
Yes, it's right here : http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/showthread.php?17658-Gold-Coin!

I've seen it ! Amazing that it was found there. I found a simular one in the UK, mine was from 1873. Great coin !

mownomo
05-31-2015, 05:50 PM
Absolutely gorgeous coin. Hard to imagine something so old still around with all the earth movements. Thanks for sharing.

OxShoeDrew
07-01-2015, 02:36 PM
Unfathomable :dontknow: ( :canada:)