PDA

View Full Version : Low Tide at Holly Lake Ranch

mownomo
01-22-2015, 06:03 PM
In the past 3 years we've had a problem with a nasty algae buildup on our lake in the summer. The association decided to lower the lake level by 4 feet in an effort to let the winter cold freeze out the culprit. Yeah!!! I thought this would be an opportunity to find some of the stuff the swimmers left behind. It was 67 degrees last Saturday, so I spent about 3 hours along the newly exposed shoreline. I found a lot of the usual lake trash, but in addition to a handful of clad, I found a man's wedding band with a band of ridged rubber in the center. It has no markings inside, so I have no idea of its' makeup. It rang up a 41-42 on the AT Pro. My question is......is there any way to determine if it is Titanium, Tungston, Stainless or what? At least it is not just another bottle cap! :lol: When it stops raining, I will be back trying to find the real thing.

Ill Digger
01-23-2015, 05:56 AM
I'm not sure ,other than taking it to a jeweler,how to find out its composition?
But like you said, at least its not another stinkin' bottle cap!
Nice find!
Congrats! :grin:

PL8MAN
01-24-2015, 07:34 AM
Cool ring ! Looks like it's stainless . All the Titanium and Tungsten rings I have found have been marked , the stainless have not .
Glenn

mownomo
01-25-2015, 09:59 PM
Cool ring ! Looks like it's stainless . All the Titanium and Tungsten rings I have found have been marked , the stainless have not .
Glenn
Thanks for your reply Glen. That's what I figured, but was not sure. If anyone should know, it would be you. God Bless.

leslie(nova scotia)
01-26-2015, 08:43 AM
Glad you got out and for shore better than a bottle top!