PDA

View Full Version : Indian Head Cent Day

angellionel
06-13-2010, 07:20 PM
This morning I met up with midas to detect at a town common hoping to score with a few old coins. I have managed several seated coins and an old copper from this particular site in two past hunts, but silver is scarce. What is there tends to be old though.

We didn't do bad today either. John picked up a very nice 1876-CC seated dime and a few other odds and ends. I managed one mercury dime, dated 1917-D, thirteen wheat cents, eleven Indian Head cents, as well as a few other goodies. :thumbsup01:

I did have to work hard for these - eleven Indian Head cents, dated 1862, 1864, 1880, 1891, 1897, 1899, 1901, 1906, 1907, 1908, and 1909.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/June/indianheadcents_061310.jpg

Thirteen old wheat cents and one 1917-D mercury dime added to the collection.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/June/wheatcentssilver_061310.jpg

The dog tax tag is dated 1907. The second item is an old cufflink.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/June/dogtag_061310.jpg

This next one I found a few days ago. It's in bad shape, but it does appear to be a colonial coin.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/June/colonialcopper_061110.jpg

HH!

Ill Digger
06-13-2010, 07:39 PM
:shocked04: 11 IH's?...Dang!! Your a machine!! :lol:
I like the dog tax . You know it's old when it says tax instead of tag :yes:
A buddy of mine has found 4 of them .I was with him for three. He got two in one day!! :yes:
Awesome finds!!
Congrats :grin:

coinnut
06-13-2010, 07:43 PM
Nice mix of small cents, and the British copper is nice too :yes: I still think they should reissue the Indian head penny without any changes for our one cent coinage. It's a beautiful coin. Congrats on so many of them. Wheats are just wheats when you are finding Indians :lol: Nice Merc too.

Epi-hunter
06-13-2010, 07:50 PM
Really nice day with the IH's Angel. :) Some are in very nice shape too. :)

Epi-hunter
06-13-2010, 07:51 PM
Oh, and the merc too :lol:

Full Metal Digger
06-13-2010, 08:05 PM
You mean I found more silver than you today!!:huh::huh: :poke: Have pigs started flying or something?? Granted, you out did me by 10 IHs, but those don't count as much!! Woo-hooooo, I beat Angel, I beat Angel! :yahoo:

xzlr8n
06-13-2010, 08:29 PM
Is there a Custer coin in there somewhere :cheesysmile:. That is a great buch of IH's you found, they have been a rarity for me this year. Congrats on your nice haul!!

Ill Digger
06-13-2010, 09:29 PM
You mean I found more silver than you today!!:huh::huh: :poke: Have pigs started flying or something?? Granted, you out did me by 10 IHs, but those don't count as much!! Woo-hooooo, I beat Angel, I beat Angel! :yahoo:
:rofl:
OK I'll :lipssealed: now :lol:

angellionel
06-13-2010, 10:30 PM
:shocked04: 11 IH's?...Dang!! Your a machine!! :lol:
I like the dog tax . You know it's old when it says tax instead of tag :yes:
A buddy of mine has found 4 of them .I was with him for three. He got two in one day!! :yes:
Awesome finds!!
Congrats :grin:

Dog tags do make for fun finds. :yes: There are so many varieties it makes them highly collectible.

Nice mix of small cents, and the British copper is nice too :yes: I still think they should reissue the Indian head penny without any changes for our one cent coinage. It's a beautiful coin. Congrats on so many of them. Wheats are just wheats when you are finding Indians :lol: Nice Merc too.

I agree! :thumbsup01: The Indian Head cent design should be reintroduced to replace the current one. Those zincolns have got to go!

Oh, and the merc too :lol:

I know how much you like the mercs. :cheesysmile: :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Now I'm going to have to pick up the pace. :lol:

Is there a Custer coin in there somewhere :cheesysmile:. That is a great buch of IH's you found, they have been a rarity for me this year. Congrats on your nice haul!!

Thanks! The Indian Head cents are fun to find. :yes: I like that they hold up relatively well too.

dave in iowa
06-13-2010, 10:39 PM
great day