PDA

View Full Version : Second trip to the park ...and my last

coinnut
06-11-2010, 07:42 PM
Went back to the park that was scraped by the bolldozer. The put all the dirt back and spread the excess out around the park :drool: :drool: :drool:. So I jumped out and started to hit the thinly spread dirt. Was rewarded immediately with my first target being the silver feather earring piece. Some time later got the Merc. Hit the rest of it and got a Buff and a V or a Shield, not sure on that one. Some wheats and lots of zincolns. So I decided to hit the rest of the park and see if I can find some of that deep Angel silver lol All I could muster up were some left over Wheats :crying02: And then it happened... the other day the cop was joking with me on buring up my holes, so I thought I was all set to detect there. Wrong!!! This time two cops approached me and I knew it wasn't to see my E Trac rofl Can't detect in any park in this particular town. They don't want holes in their (weed) lawns. Bummer, but I got to detect the best part and I won't miss that park :teasing: So here's my 4 hour haul.

Cheap Thrills
06-11-2010, 07:58 PM
Glad to see you got some good stuff out of there before you got the boot thumbsup01 thumbsup01 8). You dangerous criminal,you !! Only two ? I'm surprised they didn't call for backup . :beatdown: :boxing: :bop: :behave: :blackeye:

coinnut
06-11-2010, 08:15 PM
Glad to see you got some good stuff out of there before you got the boot thumbsup01 thumbsup01 8). You dangerous criminal,you !! Only two ? I'm surprised they didn't call for backup . :beatdown: :boxing: :bop: :behave: :blackeye:

Lucky for them, cause anymore than two and I would have had to set my E Trac on stun and let them have it :behave:.... rofl

angellionel
06-11-2010, 08:29 PM
They don't allow detecting in any park at that town? :confused: Bummer! Well, at least you managed to salvage several silver and other old coins from that park before they decided to go into enforcement mode. :yes: Love the merc, and that silver earring piece too. thumbsup01

coinnut
06-11-2010, 08:45 PM
They don't allow detecting in any park at that town? :confused:

Yep, Palmer, Three Rivers and Thorndike, I believe. Time to oust the selectmen and get a detecting guy in there lol

angellionel
06-11-2010, 08:53 PM
Yep, Palmer, Three Rivers and Thorndike, I believe. Time to oust the selectmen and get a detecting guy in there lol

I agree! lol That's the first time I've heard anything about no detecting in those towns though. I better check my list of parks to start doing some filtering. :-\ I hope it is not becoming a trend. :confused:

Ill Digger
06-11-2010, 09:12 PM
Well at least it wasn't a complete loss :-\ You got some silver for your efforts :yes: thumbsup01
And look.... you got a feather to put in your cap lol and it's even silver. thumbsup01
Isn't funny how some police know the laws and some don't :rolleyes:
Did you mention his buddy was there the other night and never said it wasn't allowed :huh: :dontknow:
Either way nice haul :yes:
Congrats :grin:

xzlr8n
06-11-2010, 09:33 PM
Well at least the coppers let you get a good pocketful in before they pulled the plug on you. I didn't know the e-Trac doubled as a stun gun rofl rofl. That is a shame those PUBLIC parks have been shut down for legitimate uses >:\. LIVE FREE OR DIE is a great motto, our politicians just don't get it.

Hopefully the nice merc made your night, congrats thumbsup01 thumbsup01.

del
06-11-2010, 09:37 PM
You dangerous criminal,you !! Only two ? I'm surprised they didn't call for backup . :beatdown: :boxing: :bop: :behave: :blackeye:

wow i always knew there was something shifty (law breaker) lol rofl about you George .
hey Shiek two officers around here is just about half the police force in these little towns so it was probably one guy was the swat team and the other was the negotiator/ chief of police to talk you into giving yourself up peacefully lol rofl rofl :tongue: :teasing: :clapping: you trouble maker you lol :kiss: :kiss:

Dan

z118
06-11-2010, 09:42 PM
Nice digs! Any time you can score both kinds of silver you're doing good!

randy
06-12-2010, 05:12 AM
Can't dig in a park being leveled by a bulldozer, go figure :confused: Makes you wonder how it got hunted out. Nice digs in any case.

coinnut
06-12-2010, 03:41 PM
Did you mention his buddy was there the other night and never said it wasn't allowed :huh: :dontknow:

Yep, he didn't care lol I think he was more annoyed that he has to do that, rather than really wanting to kick me out. It didn't help that I watched them tow a boat away from a guy who probably didn't have it registered about a minute before they got me. I can hear it now...Soon as we get this boat on the wrecker, we can nab that guy in the park lol

Can't dig in a park being leveled by a bulldozer, go figure :confused: Makes you wonder how it got hunted out. Nice digs in any case.

Believe me, the leveled part was nicer than the crab grass that was growing everywhere else lol It got hunted out in the days when people has smarts. That was in the old days before the lawyers sued for every little thing. Now it's easier and cheaper to just ban it, than risk some fake injury from a hole in the ground.

tanacat
06-12-2010, 09:01 PM
Well at least it wasn't a complete loss :-\ You got some silver for your efforts :yes: thumbsup01
And look.... you got a feather to put in your cap lol and it's even silver. thumbsup01

Good one Tim lol Man that sucks you can't go back... But you did score some good stuff!