PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Saturday Hunt In Wisconsin

Digger Don
07-27-2014, 11:36 AM
Alec and I started out at a community center that we hit once before. Last time there we hit the old play ground area and pulled out a couple of keepers. This time we hunted the old ball field and massive field around it. The first hour we dug a few Wheats then at almost the same time Alec got a Merc in the middle of the field and I got one near the edge by some trees.
By the time we left, Alec had a Merc & a Rosie and I got 2 Mercs. Together we dug 12 Wheats.

After lunch we stopped and got permission to do an old Victorian home that was built in 1901. Alec dug a nice Indian and a Silverish Ring. It looks and sounds like Silver, but there is no stamp. I dug 2 Indians and a Barber dime. Again, together we dug another 12 Wheats.

We got permission at one more house before we called it a day. I dug 2 more Wheats and Alec dug another Merc and a watch Fob ( Thanks Del )
For the day, we ended up with 6 Silver, 3 Indians, 26 Wheats. Surprisingly, only about $3.00 in clad, a ring, A FOB and a whole bunch of JUNK. It was a great day out with my son.

milco
07-27-2014, 12:11 PM
Looks like you had a great day, congrats on the finds!

Timewarpdigger
07-27-2014, 02:09 PM
Congrats to the both of you for the finds. Sounds like you had a great day, silvers found with your son. Priceless. Safe & HH

kpmoose
07-27-2014, 08:35 PM
Congrats Don. A day out with your son is reward enough. The finds are icing on the cake. :thumbsup01:

aloldstuff
07-28-2014, 04:55 AM
Great digging guys, lots of great keepers. With finds like that I would have thrown the clad back....:lol:

BTV Digger
07-28-2014, 07:44 AM
Great day Don...and to be out with your son..awesome. Any of the wheaties more uncommon dates/mints?

John

The Rebel
07-28-2014, 08:02 AM
Awesome day out as well as quality time with your son!

Digger Don
07-28-2014, 09:04 AM
Great day Don...and to be out with your son..awesome. Any of the wheaties more uncommon dates/mints?

John
Thank You, honestly, most of the wheats we get just get tossed in a coffee can. we'll clean and go through them over the winter.

MangoAve
07-28-2014, 09:43 AM
The IH were all close in dates. Interesting. The ring definitely looks silver. No doubt (unless the camera color has enough of a variance). The earing I found had a 331 stamped inside for the jewelry company (as well as the word sterling). I know you said there was no stamp inside, but unclear if no stamp at all or just no 925 stamp. Too bad we can't escape all that junk tho.

del
07-28-2014, 02:08 PM
days like this will be remembered by Alec for a long long time Don , there is no better thing in the world for a parent then sharing time with your child especially at something you both love to do. congrats my friend and enjoy it the finds are just the icing on the cake .

Dan

wisconsin digger
07-28-2014, 04:28 PM
No wonder I can't find anything in Wisconsin. Nice hunts. WD

Nesdore
07-28-2014, 10:44 PM
Awesome day lots of great finds I love the Indians and the barber and the best part is you got to do it with your son:thumbsup02:

Digger Don
07-28-2014, 10:59 PM
Thanks everyone. I appreciate the congrats.
And your right, although I really enjoy the metal detecting, it's the time I spend building memories for Alec that is my true reward.
Having said that, I really want to find a V & Shield nickel :crossfingers:

Jim D
07-29-2014, 03:02 AM
:congrats:With the Super day hunt you had with son! HH

giant056
07-29-2014, 03:11 AM
Excellent bunch of finds you guys got :cool: I would say that ring is most definitely silver by the looks of it, many old rings aren't marked but that silver is almost unmistakeable after it's cleaned up like that :grin:

Tony Two-Cent
07-31-2014, 08:03 AM
You guys sure did have an awesome day! Lots of silver, Indian Heads and Wheat Cents! I would definitely say that the ring is most likely silver.

The fob is very interesting and curious. I've never seen one like it. With the apostrophe, the number actually looks like the date 1922. Very cool find.

Congrats to you and Alec! :clapping:

don in ny
07-31-2014, 08:16 AM
I don't know how I missed this post, but WOW! Those are some nice finds and a lot of them. 6 pieces of silver and 3 Indians would make anyone's day. Nice looking Barber dime. Theses are the types of days that keep us going, even if someone else found them. Inspirational! Way to go.