PDA

View Full Version : Had a Great Weekend of Hunting / only two keepers

Digger Don
06-09-2014, 08:22 PM
My Son Alec and I met up with Tony Two-Cent this weekend to hunt the park that I found the Trime at a couple of weeks ago as well as the church that gave up the silvers and buffalo. I had high hopes due to the fact we only hunted a small portion of the park. The weather and company were great, the finds, not so much. I found my first Indian, a 1906 at the church, which was pretty cool. Tony found the only keepers at the park. We did try one other park that was new to all of us. Within 5 minutes I found what I think was the only silver still left in the park. A 1900 Barber dime. All in All I had a great weekend. It's always nice to hunt with Tony. ( next time Tony picks the spots ) :cool: Yes, that is a Digger Ding on the dime

Full Metal Digger
06-09-2014, 08:29 PM
Nice finds, you and Alec are really getting good at this MDing thing!

coinnut
06-09-2014, 08:36 PM
Two keepers is all you need when they are nice ones :clapping: I love finding full "Liberty" Indians, and ANY Barber is a welcomed sight! Nice couple of older coins Don. :congrats:

Tony Two-Cent
06-09-2014, 08:48 PM
Thanks again for putting up with me all weekend, Don! :thumbsup01:

Congrats on your first Indian Head! I'm glad I was there to witness it. Not much wear on it either. Nice!

And that Barber Dime was definitely the find of the day! I know the ding bothered you but it really is very minor. Beautiful coin!

I hope you got the coil issue resolved on Alec's E-Trac.

Thanks again for everything, and we'll definitely have to do it again.

Timewarpdigger
06-09-2014, 08:49 PM
Both the coins look like they are in great shape. Congrats. Safe & HH

Digger Don
06-09-2014, 08:59 PM
Thanks again for putting up with me all weekend, Don! :thumbsup01:

Congrats on your first Indian Head! I'm glad I was there to witness it. Not much wear on it either. Nice!

And that Barber Dime was definitely the find of the day! I know the ding bothered you but it really is very minor. Beautiful coin!

I hope you got the coil issue resolved on Alec's E-Trac.

Thanks again for everything, and we'll definitely have to do it again.
It was a pleasure having you come up there. I look forward to the next time.
And yes, I went and got the good coil tonight. It's all good and Alec is ready to start swinging!!!!

Digger Don
06-09-2014, 09:19 PM
Two keepers is all you need when they are nice ones :clapping: I love finding full "Liberty" Indians, and ANY Barber is a welcomed sight! Nice couple of older coins Don. :congrats:
That is definitely true. I am more than happy with what i dug. I've had many weekends with nothing but clad. I probably shouldn't have added the ONLY

OxShoeDrew
06-10-2014, 04:09 AM
Some good lookin coins Don. What's wrong with your coil? Congrats on your first IH

aloldstuff
06-10-2014, 02:02 PM
Those couple of keepers are great ones. Full liberty IH and always love to see Barbers posted. You and Alec have done very well in the short time you've been detecting.

:congrats:on those keepers

giant056
06-11-2014, 05:11 AM
Great score on the barber and Indian :thumbsup01:

chief5709
06-11-2014, 06:56 AM
sounds like a good time by all!

milco
06-11-2014, 09:40 PM
Nice finds! Sounds like some fun outings!

BTV Digger
06-12-2014, 07:25 PM
Great to see you could all get together and have some nice hunts. Agree w/earlier comment that the IH is in really good shape.

BTV Digger