PDA

View Full Version : A Bit of silver & Wheaties

JdsCoins
02-18-2014, 12:00 AM
Figured I'd post more while some of you are still snowed in! :)

Today I got out back where I found my gold coin. The park is hammered. But thankfully most of the hunters that hit the place left a few deep and masked coin targets around the edges of the park where It's really trashy. And they must not know how to find nickels. Because I found more nickels today than quarters and dimes combined (13) :lol:

I started out digging some old memorials and wheaties fairly deep, and a bunch of zinc pennies. Was digging almost all tones except dead on pull tab hits looking for more jewelry.

I dug a total of 51 coins in about 3 hours. But since it was mostly nickels and zinc pennies the clad total was a whopping $1.97. :hystericallaugh:

The war nickel was only a half inch down and sounded just like a regular nickel. The last find too. :grin:
I ended up with 7 wheat pennies with is the most I've found in a while. One is really worn slick and from the teens and is really green (top left in pic), but can't make the whole thing out. And another is a 1921, which is an uncommon date! Too bad it wasn't a 1921 merc or 1921 SLQ. Then it would be worth the big bucks. :ticked:

And does a plastic burger king kids meal gold ring surface find count toward my rings for the year? :rofl:

giant056
02-18-2014, 04:26 AM
Great score on the warnickel and wheats :thumbsup01:

aloldstuff
02-18-2014, 08:36 AM
Thanks for posting. You can count that BK ring as gold also....:lol:. :congrats:on your war nickel and wheats

MIKE54
02-18-2014, 04:19 PM
Nice score on the war nickel. Can't wait for the 20" of snow to melt here in Ct !

Ronandari
02-18-2014, 05:08 PM
I'm glad someone is getting out. Nice finds.:thumbsup02: I sure hope things start to thaw soon.

Digger Don
02-18-2014, 05:51 PM
Congrats on the wheats and war nickle.
The ring looks gold to me :lol:

Timewarpdigger
02-18-2014, 08:55 PM
I see your sticking with the nickles. I like the silver ones best. LOL Congrats Safe & HH