PDA

View Full Version : My first hunt of 2014

NJJOSH
01-17-2014, 05:15 PM
I couldn't take it anymore i had to get out detecting. I went to a park I've never hunted before and unfortunately it must of been a dump site. lol! I did manage to find $2.83 in clad, a button, a keychain, and what appears to be a silver pin. The key chain says Harleysville mutual casualty company the back has a building and a date of 1950. The pin is marked sterling in 2 places still a little dirty. Not bad for 2 hours i guess. I hope you enjoy. p.s nothing too great coinnut lol

del
01-17-2014, 05:23 PM
Pretty unique looking leaf with stones :thumbsup02: and i'll take a "Great Seal" military button any day :smitten:. must of been great to get out .

Dan

NJJOSH
01-17-2014, 05:29 PM
[QUOTE=del;154486]Pretty unique looking leaf with stones :thumbsup02: and i'll take a "Great Seal" military button any day :smitten:. must of been great to get out

Very nice to get out Del the ground is not frozen here anymore woohoo! Hows the ground in Connecticut ?

del
01-17-2014, 05:38 PM
Very nice to get out Del the ground is not frozen here anymore woohoo! Hows the ground in Connecticut ?

well we have had almost a week of mid to high 40's and lots of rain so its pretty muddy :lol: i'm planning a two day detecting extravaganza this weekend

coinnut
01-17-2014, 06:02 PM
Nice looking brooch :shocked04: Still trying to ID the stones if they are not glass. The red ones are probably Garnets, the yellow - Citrine, the blue one and the one on the top right might be Moonstone, and the green ones may be Tourmaline (or maybe even Emeralds). Or I could be way off :lol: Nice finds.

NJJOSH
01-17-2014, 06:22 PM
Nice looking brooch :shocked04: Still trying to ID the stones if they are not glass. The red ones are probably Garnets, the yellow - Citrine, the blue one and the one on the top right might be Moonstone, and the green ones may be Tourmaline (or maybe even Emeralds). Or I could be way off :lol: Nice finds.
coin nut it sure sounds like you know what your talking about lol. Thanks for the comments. I hope to see some finds surface for you on here this weekend:)

Digger Don
01-17-2014, 08:29 PM
Very nice finds
ground is hard as a rock here in Illinois

Timewarpdigger
01-17-2014, 10:38 PM
Congrats on the finds!! Not a bad clad count with some wheaties, nice. Safe & HH