PDA

View Full Version : Short hunt with the 8x6 SEF

Ronandari
12-17-2013, 07:00 PM
I had some time to get out for a short hunt today at the local fairgrounds and decided to use my 8x6 SEF coil. I have had it since Aug but haven't strapped it on because it seemed pretty erratic in my test bed. I went to a small area by the entrance and did my set up routine. I was surprised the coil behaved perfectly so I started hunting. I found a Crucifix, a State of Ohio ring, a sterling braided ring, two tie clips, a Minnie Mouse charm which I think may be gold, fishing lure and 1968 Rabies tag. The only coins I dug were a clad quarter and memorial penny. If this any indication of how the new coil will run then I can't wait to get back out.

Digger Don
12-17-2013, 07:41 PM
Congrats on your finds.
Glad that coil is working out so well for you.

Timewarpdigger
12-17-2013, 07:44 PM
Congrats on the finds interest variety of finds. Funny how a different coil can make all the difference. Be safe and HH.

Lodge Scent
12-17-2013, 08:29 PM
Nice digs! Funny that coil didn't like your test bed.

coinnut
12-17-2013, 10:28 PM
Great hunt. When I want to try out a new coil, I will just bring that one coil,so I don't get tempted to switch coils. I have hunted with a 6" coil in colonial fields and done well with it. Use that coil for the day and you will focus on it. That is a great coil, like all the rest of the SEF's are. Nice job of getting a lot of targets out of there.:clapping:

Boulder
12-17-2013, 11:11 PM
Very nice finds, and in my experience Detech SEF EXcelerator search coils, are for me the best value per dollar spent.
John :congrats:

giant056
12-18-2013, 05:49 AM
Great bunch of digs you got there :thumbsup01: it sounds like that coil is doing a great job for you!!

del
12-18-2013, 07:26 AM
sounds like the coil may have suffered from some emi at around the house . houses can cause a lot of "noise" to coils and detectors from microwaves , televisions , and small motors like vacuum cleaners , and appliances and don't forget power lines . the 6x8 looks like a great coil on targets amongst the trash. glad it proved itself.

Dan