Back to my favorite woods in Battle Creek

giant056

New member
I didn't find any silver on this trip but I definitely found some neat keepers


This coin here is definitely a first for me, it's one of Hitlers coins, it's made of zinc and I was surprised that it held up as well as it did but as you can tell by the v nickel the soil is very forgiving in this woods

november19.a.jpg​

This is one of the best looking v nickels that I've dug in a while, I was hoping for a mintmark but no dice.

november19.b.jpg​

I found a complete toy gun but it's very corroded, quartz watch, old WW1 rifle shell and my favorite in this photo is the full brass shot gun shell. I think I've only found 4 of the full brass shot gun shells like this

november19.1ad.jpg​


I always like checking out the headstamp on the old brass

november19.2.jpg​

I did pretty good in the old coin department, nothing super old but the coins that I do pull out of this woods are almost always pretty much corrosion free except for the zinc coins. I found a round ball and some other shells also

november19.3ad.jpg​


I wish that the 1885 that I found a few years back was in this good of shape but them are the breaks when it comes to the older nickels from the dirt.

november19.4ad.jpg​
november19.5.jpg​


This old coin sure did catch me off guard cause I've never dug a German coin with a swastika on it. I had the composition of the coin figured out before I even looked it up, its zinc.

november19.6.jpg​
 
Great bunch of finds! Those woods sure are kind to old coins. The wheat cents from there look wonderful, and that's one of the nicer V Nickels I've seen dug.

:congrats:
 

Forum statistics

Threads
23,671
Messages
238,613
Members
3,849
Latest member
void
Back
Top