PDA

View Full Version : Bad Day Fishing, turns into good day MD'n SILVER

catskillcomics
05-16-2010, 05:48 AM
Went fishing early in the morning to find myself getting beat up by wind and waves, so called it a day early and went metal detecting. It was quite nice as it had be several weeks since I had gone MD'n. Went to a default park which myself and Hockeyguy have MD'd to death, but still find something good now and again.
I found a sweet art deco ring almost 8 deep near some pine trees.. thinking of having it cleaned and straightened.

xzlr8n
05-16-2010, 08:04 AM
Dirt fishing can be more rewarding from time to time. Really nice ring you found!! Is it a man's or womans'?

tanacat
05-16-2010, 08:17 AM
Wow nice ring- does it say sterling down there? I wonder what the pink stone is? The way it's set perhaps diamond and a gem... :huh:

Ill Digger
05-16-2010, 12:22 PM
Whoa !! :drool:
Thats nice and BEEFY too !!
That would be a good one to have straightened :yes:
Sweet find!
Congrats :grin:

angellionel
05-16-2010, 02:38 PM
Man! That is a nice ring, Scott! :yes:

coinnut
05-16-2010, 06:37 PM
That is one cool looking ring...oh yea, everyone already said that lol but it's true! They should be able to straighten it out no problems. Is the bottom opened to let light enter the stones? If not, then they are probably glass, since that was really used a lot during that time period. But it would be nice if it was Diamond and Pink Ruby :shocked04: Great find!!

z118
05-16-2010, 08:35 PM
Man, that is one sweet ring! Congrats!

catskillcomics
05-17-2010, 05:24 AM
Dirt fishing can be more rewarding from time to time. Really nice ring you found!! Is it a man's or womans'?

I think its a woman's ring..

catskillcomics
05-17-2010, 05:26 AM
That is one cool looking ring...oh yea, everyone already said that lol but it's true! They should be able to straighten it out no problems. Is the bottom opened to let light enter the stones? If not, then they are probably glass, since that was really used a lot during that time period. But it would be nice if it was Diamond and Pink Ruby :shocked04: Great find!!

The bottom has holes where the stones sit, though, I already checked them out.. the diamond has chips and scratches, so that already ruled it out being real.. the ruby.. Im guessing is faux too.. Oh well :dontknow:

coinnut
05-17-2010, 05:57 PM
The bottom has holes where the stones sit, though, I already checked them out.. the diamond has chips and scratches, so that already ruled it out being real.. the ruby.. Im guessing is faux too.. Oh well :dontknow:

If it's old then it's probably glass stones as CZ's weren't around I don't think :confused: If that's the case, you can have it straightened out and put CZ's into it, or just keep the originals.

hockeyguy
05-20-2010, 11:44 PM
sweet find scott. what do u think about going up north next wed?

leslie(nova scotia)
06-02-2010, 03:56 AM
From the land of the Bluenose...wowzer . Enquiring minds want to know what you used for bait to catch that beaut dirt fishing?

HEAVYMETALNUT
06-02-2010, 07:49 AM
nice ring but i don't think it's a womans ring.definitely a mens ring