PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Monday

bob_e99
10-01-2013, 08:33 AM
I just posted the finds from this past weekend and the previous week so now here is my Monday hunt which just blew me away. Last Friday after a stretch of very little finds, my luck started to improve. On Monday I decided to go back to the site where I found the three silver Rosies. I hesitated going back because I didn't think I could get that lucky again on the same site. Well, I was proved wrong, wrong and wrong. The clearing is on a small hill so I decided to try the side away from the trail that I came in on. My third target turn out to be a silver quarter, two feet from that was a second one and about 16 inches from that was the mercury dime. Needless to say, I was going nuts. A short time later about 6 feet to my left I got the third quarter and then back up the hill toward the top I got a silver Rosie. After spending some time and getting just some clad, I decided to walk the trail where I found just a bit more clad. Interestingly enough, the trail looped and I ended up back at the clearing so I figured that had to be an omen so I stayed there. I eventually found the second Rosie and then noticed another clearing down the right side of the clearing (my right as I originally walked into the clearing). I spend a bit of time detecting there and came up with my fourth quarter. Never, ever did I imagine I could have a day like that. I have read with some envy how people on this site have multiple silver days and never dreamt I would have one like this. :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Thank you for looking and happy hunting.

Tony Two-Cent
10-01-2013, 09:28 AM
Wow, four silver quarters in one hunt is amazing! :peace:

You really had a tremendous silver day, Bob!

:congrats:

z118
10-01-2013, 10:01 AM
Holy crap! You are really making up for your slow start to the year! You'd better keep hitting that spot, there's no way there aren't more goodies there. Although you may want to think about slowing it down a little because if I see a few more posts like this you can rest assured I'll be driving out there to go digging with you! lol lol lol

RobW
10-01-2013, 11:34 AM
:shocked04:...nice pile of silver :pirate:

swamp yankee
10-01-2013, 10:34 PM
Way to hit the silver mine Bob! Feels great to actually get the goodies consistantly and in a bunch like you did. I'd go over the area some more REAL low/slow and good luck to you HH.....

giant056
10-02-2013, 06:43 AM
Huge congrats on all them nice silvers and old coins thumbsup01

:congrats:

aloldstuff
10-02-2013, 06:56 AM
Excellent hunting. Forget the word luck and use skill. 4 silver quarters in one hunt is :omg: :perfect10:

You still must be on cloud 9.......huge :congrats: on all those keepers

mike l
10-02-2013, 11:34 AM
Those are the days I dream of. Bob, hope you have many more Amazing Mondays :beerbuddy:

coinnut
10-02-2013, 12:14 PM
Not only did you get multiple silvers but you found more quarters than dimes :shocked04: :clapping: Apparently there are more silvers just waiting for your return :drool: Nice hunt.

del
10-02-2013, 03:04 PM
great silver totals Bob :perfect10: yeah anytime your finding more bigger silver than small silver , you have to go back there and pound the area good

bob_e99
10-02-2013, 06:15 PM
Thanks everyone for taking the time to comment on my 'Amazing Monday'. My head is still on cloud 9 and it will be a while before I can focus clearly when I'm detecting a new area. :yes: I don't know if people who have detected for a long time get the same intense thrill as someone who is getting some of these for the first time. It really makes detecting addictive.

Thanks again
and
Happy hunting to all.

Fire Fighter 43
10-03-2013, 09:58 AM
Very nice hunt |:cheering: congrats on all that silver, WTG

angellionel
10-03-2013, 06:32 PM
Wow! :loveit: A major congratulations Bob! :clapping: :clapping: I can just picture your smile getting wider and wider as you dig each of those keepers. |:cheering: Often the smile remains intact for hours! lol Congratulations!

bob_e99
10-04-2013, 06:18 AM
Wow! :loveit: A major congratulations Bob! :clapping: :clapping: I can just picture your smile getting wider and wider as you dig each of those keepers. |:cheering: Often the smile remains intact for hours! lol Congratulations!

Thank you Angel. You hit the nail on the head regarding the smile. This time though, no one saw me. When I found the seated liberty quarter, after about three minutes, I ran into a young woman walking her two young daughters and I think the grin on my face scared her so I turned around and started walking in the opposite direction. A bit embarrassing to say the least.

lcoutback
10-04-2013, 11:52 AM
Great finds! :clapping:

Now, how about a little 'fist bump' from one Bob to another for a little luck my way? :beerbuddy:

jbolf6
10-05-2013, 07:48 AM
Love the Washingtons. What a great hunt, congratulations :cool:

angellionel
10-05-2013, 10:24 AM
Thank you Angel. You hit the nail on the head regarding the smile. This time though, no one saw me. When I found the seated liberty quarter, after about three minutes, I ran into a young woman walking her two young daughters and I think the grin on my face scared her so I turned around and started walking in the opposite direction. A bit embarrassing to say the least.

That is funny Bob! lol lol

I wish you much success in your hunts. I believe you will hit double-digit silver soon. Now it's just a matter of time as you hit new places and work them well. :yes:

Take care Bob!