PDA

View Full Version : i just cant find time to hunt this year!!!

carl2112
06-12-2013, 07:36 PM
for some reason i havent had any time to md this year. so i finally made time and drove 3 hours to a spot that i planned on spending the weekend at hunting nonstop from sun up to sun down. only to have my headphones crap out on me after 4 hours and only junk in the pocket... im so discouraged :white:usaflag::

del
06-12-2013, 07:42 PM
unfortunately Carl thats part of the hobby , slumps come an go . some days are just golden and some are junk. just one less bad day out of your way but I hope you get more time to detect.

Dan

Epi-hunter
06-12-2013, 07:52 PM
Sorry to hear that... very frustrating to finally find time to get out and then have something break. That happened to me once - now I keep an extra pair of headphones in the car.

I also drove all the way to Cincinnati once only to discover that I had grabbed the rechargeable battery pack (completely dead) instead of the AA battery pack for my E-Trac. Now I have an extra AA battery pack that I keep in the car, with a set of AA batteries. Sometimes things just go completely wrong but those good days make it worth it. Hang in there! :detecting:

coinnut
06-12-2013, 08:52 PM
I think the older I get the more extra stuff I bring. I finally put it all in a big box. lol So if you are ever out of 9 volts, AA's headphones, towels for dirt, 4 different digging tools...etc ask me I have one :rolleyes: It's just the way I found that works for me without packing everytime I head out. I've had those days that something breaks or worse yet...you leave all your batteries at home - 2 hours away :hairpulling: Try and find another time slot to hunt and forget about this hunt lol There could be a gold ring with you name on it just waiting for you.

carl2112
06-12-2013, 09:14 PM
Yeah that's usually how I do it to. Just leave everything in the truck and its always with you if you need it but I have an AT pro and they have aspecial head phone jack because there waterproof so I didn't have any back up headphones. But once it quit workingI swapped coils changed batteries andfinally when I disconnected the headphones I got noise . I was worriedI was gonna have to send it in for repaire and lose most of the summers detecting.

carl2112
06-12-2013, 09:17 PM
And thanks for all the words of encouragement I haven't given up yet ..lol the real problem is my job switched my shift from days to afternoons so I have a hard time getting up early enough to hunt before work.

coinnut
06-12-2013, 09:19 PM
At least it wasn't the machine :yes:

del
06-13-2013, 12:15 AM
the real problem is my job switched my shift from days to afternoons so I have a hard time getting up early enough to hunt before work.

i can sympathize i'm on third shift and i hate going in on sunday nights. hang in there Carl :beerbuddy:

Dick Stout
06-15-2013, 06:32 PM
I experience just the opposite...I have all the time in the world, but face daily temps of 100, and cannot be on my feet for more than an hour at the most (neuropathy). Couldn't wait to retire, and now this.....damn.

Then again things could be much, much worse and I am thankful for that.....