PDA

View Full Version : A bit of silver

bob_e99
06-05-2013, 02:47 PM
I finally got my first chance to do some detecting since returning home. My first site turned out to be very swampy so I hit a site where I found a dandy button last year. As usual, it has been detected quite a bit but patience proved to be rewarding. I didn't get a large number of coins but I got enough silver to make me happy. I don't know if the ring is silver as the inside is very worn and I can't make out any markings. It would make a good day better if it were silver. And funny thing is that the two Rosies were found down about 5-7 inches while the merc was under about 1/4 inch of dirt. This is only my second merc of the year and I do love them. :happy:

Thanks for looking and happy hunting.

Tony Two-Cent
06-05-2013, 03:19 PM
Nice huntin'! |:cheering:

Four silver coins, and the ring definitely looks like silver to me! :yes:

:congrats:

z118
06-05-2013, 03:37 PM
For the record, four silvers and a likely silver ring is not a bit - it's a haul! I'm starting to think maybe you staged your earlier silver drought so I would feel compelled to take you to my can't miss sites! lol Congrats on a dang fine hunt. I think you may have taken my luck home with you, as I've been struggling since you left! Better plan another trip up to bring it back! lol

bob_e99
06-05-2013, 05:48 PM
Thank you Tony.

I cleaned up the ring a bit and it is marked sterling <: which really makes my day. I haven't found a decent silver ring in quite a while. The last one was the thickness of a fat hair.

Mat, I'll try not to wear out your luck before I see you again. lol
And thank you for defining the difference between a 'bit' and a 'haul'. I stand corrected :grin:

JTGOLD
06-05-2013, 07:00 PM
very nice silver finds,wtg.

leslie(nova scotia)
06-09-2013, 09:52 AM
From the land of the Bluenose.....
I concurr....those mercs are great looking coins. Good luck on your next outing! <;)

aloldstuff
06-13-2013, 07:26 AM
Mercs are a great looking coin compared to the rosie. :congrats: on your keepers and for finding out that the ring is silver

leslie(nova scotia)
06-13-2013, 07:38 AM
From the land of the Bluenose.....
a banner hunt for silver. may the next outing be as good! <;)

POKIE73
06-13-2013, 10:36 AM
congrats on a great hunt hard to beat them finds dennis :perfect10: :perfect10: