PDA

View Full Version : Late Afternoon Silver

angellionel
04-26-2010, 07:27 PM
Today I made a late afternoon run to a local park and detected for nearly two hours before it began to rain. It was a productive hunt though, as I picked up five silver coins before packing it in.

The Barber quarter has a 'D' mintmark, as does one of the Roosevelt dimes.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/April/silvercoins_042610.jpg

I also found eight wheat cents. They are not in good shape though.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/April/wheatcents_042610.jpg

coinnut
04-26-2010, 07:30 PM
Boy some of them Barbers can get black :yes: Nice group of silvers. Indians seem to be harder to hit lately :confused: Lots of wheats though. That rain will make next hunt even deeper. At least you got out for a hunt. :thumbsup01:

xzlr8n
04-26-2010, 08:29 PM
Great day again :thumbsup01:. Its hard for me too wrap my head around the amount of silver you still have in the ground in your neck of the woods. I know I've said it before but I certainly hope I can figure out my V3 and sniff out some silver in my parks like you do in yours.

Are you going to remove the sulfide from those Barbers using your tin foil and baking soda technique??

hoser
04-26-2010, 09:33 PM
Dynamic hunt. Big congrats on the trifecta too. Well done my friend. :drool: :thumbsup01:

SeabeeRon
04-27-2010, 12:58 PM
Nice coins, the Barbers almost look like beach digs!

del
04-27-2010, 01:47 PM
you know Angel when me and George get to be very old men and can't hike the miles out in them woods to cellar hunt
anymore we were looking forward to park detect for that silver , wheats and gold . heck maybe that silver was going
to suppliment our income and social security :rolleyes: but after seeing all the silver your finding in the area , we'll have to find something else to do (like pick up cans or sell blood or even rent out George for slave labor) :rofl: :rofl: because i think it will be a waste of time to park hunt . :lol: :rofl: :rofl: i hope you
can live with yourself :lol: :lol: :lol:

seriously great coins , my friend

angellionel
04-27-2010, 02:14 PM
Great day again :thumbsup01:. Its hard for me too wrap my head around the amount of silver you still have in the ground in your neck of the woods. I know I've said it before but I certainly hope I can figure out my V3 and sniff out some silver in my parks like you do in yours.

Are you going to remove the sulfide from those Barbers using your tin foil and baking soda technique??

Thanks, xzlr8n. I will be removing the sulfide from those coins using that method. :yes:

you know Angel when me and George get to be very old men and can't hike the miles out in them woods to cellar hunt
anymore we were looking forward to park detect for that silver , wheats and gold . heck maybe that silver was going
to suppliment our income and social security :rolleyes: but after seeing all the silver your finding in the area , we'll have to find something else to do (like pick up cans or sell blood or even rent out George for slave labor) :rofl: :rofl: because i think it will be a waste of time to park hunt . :lol: :rofl: :rofl: i hope you
can live with yourself :lol: :lol: :lol:

seriously great coins , my friend

:lol: :lol:

I may have to resort to the picking up of cans myself. :lol: Maybe I should get a head start with all the can slaw and crushed cans I come across now while detecting.:lol:

Epi-hunter
04-27-2010, 02:18 PM
Very nice day. Again. :)

I would ask you if you sometimes initially -- before really looking at the coin -- mistake those black barbers for clad, but I know you can tell from the tone before you dig them up :lol:

angellionel
04-27-2010, 02:21 PM
Very nice day. Again. :)

I would ask you if you sometimes initially -- before really looking at the coin -- mistake those black barbers for clad, but I know you can tell from the tone before you dig them up :lol:

Oh no, there is no mistaking them for clad. :lol: