PDA

View Full Version : Indian Head, Shield Nickel, Barber Dime and a Kennedy Half

Tony Two-Cent
04-28-2013, 07:15 PM
It was kind of an off weekend for me, I tried a bunch of new places and most of them seemed to be virtually hunted out. My hunt yesterday was cut short by rain, and today the finds were scarce.

Yesterday I tried a fairly large park in a town I had never been to before. The park was dedicated in 1882. All I found was a Shield Nickel and 3 wheat cents. So I drove on to the next small town and hunted an old park that is between the town's main street and the railroad tracks. I found an 1898 Barber Dime right off the bat, then it started to rain really hard so I gave up and went home.

Today I went back to both of those parks again, and only found a 1905 Indian Head, 2 wheat cents and a 1974 Kennedy Half Dollar. Oh well, even though the finds were sparse this weekend it was still better than being at work!

Here are my finds for the weekend:

And here are the keepers:

Only my 2nd Kennedy Half ever.

No date on the Shield Nickel, it is really worn.

Thanks for looking and happy hunting! :beerbuddy:

CTDirtFisher
04-28-2013, 07:28 PM
Shield Nickle, Barber Dime, and an Indian... That sure would make my day !!! :congrats:

I'm bet you will be heading back to the old park that yielded you the Barber soon :yes:

Respectfully,
Paul

z118
04-28-2013, 07:36 PM
I gotta have me some off weekends like that... lol

Great digs as always Tony. I had a slow weekend myself - way slower than yours by the looks of it! lol

AmxFred
04-28-2013, 08:05 PM
Your good finds are great finds for the rest of us. :congrats:

PL8MAN
04-28-2013, 08:14 PM
Sweet finds ! I always love digging up halfs thumbsup01
Glen

Full Metal Digger
04-29-2013, 04:14 AM
I'll bet when you dug that half up you thought to yourself If only this had been dropped 5 years earlier then it would be silver! As I was looking at your half it occurred to me that the word LIBERTY is copied exactly off of the WLH & Mercury dime. HH, Dave.

aloldstuff
04-29-2013, 08:13 AM
Tony, a shield, Barber plus a IH makes my day. Hope you can hit those parks hard when the sun is shining.