PDA

View Full Version : Back to the Reale World

pulltabsteve
04-13-2013, 02:49 PM
Mike and I headed out a little later than usual this morning. 8am instead of the normal 6am. We hit the farm that supposedly has a lost gold coin somewhere in the field. The field hasn't been turned yet and it still has hay- like weeds. Swinging was next to impossible. After an hour we gave up and went off looking for greener pastures :crossfingers:

Next stop was the button farm. It was kind of quite the hour we were there, but I still managed a few buttons and the 2 deep 1857? Matron head. :happydance01:

Our last stop of the day was the Reale house. We knocked on the door to let woman know we were going to be detecting. She was happy to see us again. Last time we were there we gave her the display with the the old coins and silver thimble we found on her property. It seems to have paid off because she is now getting us permission to a few more OLD home sites to dig happydance02 We were only there for 30 minutes or so today because Mike had to split. My first and only good signal was a 12-40 at about 8 after digging out a nice plug I hit a 4 x 10 rock. I managed to scoop out the rock and put the sunray in the hole. The target was still there so I went to scoop out another shovel full of dirt and I hit the coin with the lesche... >:{ Oh well... :embarrassed: I believe its a 1787 Connecticut copper |:cheering:

Tomorrow morning at 5:30 AM we will be back at the Reale house.

del
04-13-2013, 05:02 PM
nice coppers Steve |:cheering: |:cheering: the Connecticut is a bit dirty but i believe its a 1787 Miller 14-H. one of the more common varieties but still scarce to see , one of the few varieties with the pheons (arrows) instead of the usual cinquefoils.

leslie(nova scotia)
04-13-2013, 05:09 PM
From the land of the Bluenose.....mister man that was a great hunt and finds. Trust youz going to give it another go. Congrats! <;)

CODY
04-14-2013, 10:47 AM
:wow: I can only dream of finding coins this old. :congrats:

aloldstuff
04-14-2013, 12:31 PM
Very nice hunting and :congrats: on your 2 coppers. Someday I will find a state copper....some day...

Tony Two-Cent
04-16-2013, 10:24 AM
Very nice old coppers, Steve!

The large cent is definitely a Matron Head and it also has the line under &quot:daydream:ne Cent on the reverse, so it is probably 1827 or 1837 if the last digit is a 7. I think that line last appeared on large cents dated 1839.

Very nice CT Copper too, I can't really tell where you hit it with the Lesche. :dontknow:

Best of luck at the Reale House. |:cheering:

Ill Digger
04-16-2013, 11:12 PM
Very nice CT Copper too, I can't really tell where you hit it with the Lesche. :dontknow:
Me neither. :dontknow:
It can't be that bad then lol
Nice finds Steve!
Congrats! :grin:
I'd just faint probably if I found a coin from the 1700's :stretcher: lol

Atokad
04-17-2013, 03:23 AM
That is such a beautiful coin! I can't imagine ever being lucky enough to find something like this in Tennessee. The small nick from the leshe is sooo hard to see but it is there :-\ Still :envious: of you!

I've been fortunate so far with my few keepers to not have nicked them.

skribnodsister
04-17-2013, 05:28 PM
Nice finds Steve! :congrats: on the Copper!

Fire Fighter 43
04-18-2013, 10:41 AM
Nice digs and congrats on the copper. |:cheering: