PDA

View Full Version : 04-07-2013 Sunday Iowa

DennisH
04-10-2013, 12:13 PM
I got an invite from my good buddy Joe to hunt a couple of locations we have hunted before that gave up a few finds the last time we hunted them. On the way to them Joe say, Hey, thats the place we were going to try the last time but there were to many people there So we hunted it for the next 5 hours and had a blast. It started real fast!!! 5 swings or so I got a wheat, 10ish more swings got me a silver quarter, another 10 swings for a second wheat. We decieded we would probably spend the day there.

I got all the items at the first locacation except for the bird pin and one of the silver Rosies. 1 of the 3 religious metals is copper, 1 is i think silver plated and my favoirt find of the day is the third metal that is sterling. It being my favoirt got it a front and back pic. I believe one of the items in a watch fob:huh:thinkingabout: And the dark little object it a old cheap kids ring with a M on it.

The second location that Joe supplied was a old school 1907 - 1943 that is now apartments he got permissin for. Well hunted but gave up 7 wheats and a silver rosy even when I had noodle arm from the other location hunt.

Thanks for looking and Thanks Joe.

aloldstuff
04-10-2013, 12:28 PM
What a great decision to stop at the 1st site. :congrats: on all those keepers. If I remember correctly noodle arm fixes itself...... :hysterical:

Tony Two-Cent
04-10-2013, 02:46 PM
Wow, look at all of that silver! :loveit:

Well worth a case of noodle arm if you ask me! thumbsup01

That fob thingy looks more like a buckle to me. On a watch fob the loop is always at the top, at least on the ones I've seen.

Awesome bunch of finds! |:cheering:

Fire Fighter 43
04-10-2013, 03:59 PM
:wow: Great silver day, congrats and WTG |:cheering:

skribnodsister
04-10-2013, 04:13 PM
:wow: Talk about Silver, Holy Cats! That's an Awesome hunt! :congrats: :perfect10: :perfect10:

MinelabIowa
04-10-2013, 07:34 PM
I had a super time Dennis. Your finds for the day,, trumped mine! You worked your tail off to get yours. I should post my meager finds? The weather here in the Midwest is finally starting to break. Congrats on your finds!

milco
04-10-2013, 07:51 PM
Great bunch of silver and finds there!

jkress
04-11-2013, 12:00 AM
Congratulations Dennis. :clapping: Very, very well done sir.

I am happy to hear you and Joe were able to get out and dig some keepers. :)

The first site the two of you hit rocks! Keep us posted if you get there again. :->

Ill Digger
04-11-2013, 12:10 AM
The first site the two of you hit rocks! Keep us posted if you get there again. :->
lol Yeah it did!! :peace:

With finds like those coming that fast and furious .... :-\ I don't know if I would've been able to leave for another spot! :pirate: lol
Nice huntin'! |:cheering:
Congrats! :grin:

CODY
04-13-2013, 10:37 PM
:wow: What a silver day! Congrats on a great hunt with great finds.