PDA

View Full Version : Come on thaw!

Kalamazoo Metal Detecting
02-07-2013, 06:00 PM
I like living in the Great Lakes region...EXCEPT in the winter!!! I'm going kookoo waiting to get out swinging the coil again. :bananadance:

Tony Two-Cent
02-07-2013, 07:32 PM
I spend the frozen weeks of winter researching potential sites to hunt and watching metal detecting videos on YouTube, but it's not the same as being out in the fresh air swinging that coil!

:detecting:

It's supposed to be sunny and 42 here on Saturday, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the ground might be thawed enough to attempt a hunt. :crossfingers:

lee
02-07-2013, 08:37 PM
or you could , as me and chrisinct did today , go out detecting on a frozen solid park field with high mineral deposits and having to bang our leches in with what i can only describe as a police mans truncheon and having to listen to chris growling like a grisly bear as he pops the plug out :omg:.
still....beats sitting in doors going out of my tiny mind.
now ive got 4 days off work and we are getting this big snow storm......hmmmm....i get the feeling someone is conspiring against me :thinkingabout:.
i even said to chris lets jump in the car and drive south till we hit some warm weather ? chris's retort was....... :bop:

DirtyMoney
02-12-2013, 02:44 PM
In the land surrounded by great lakes, there are two seasons, winter and road construction. we suffer through the one so we can put up with the other. >:{

Kalamazoo Metal Detecting
02-12-2013, 04:34 PM
In the land surrounded by great lakes, there are two seasons, winter and road construction. we suffer through the one so we can put up with the other. >:{
You got that right!!! :girlcry:

ssserena
02-12-2013, 06:44 PM
hey look at it on the bright side the road construction creats side walk tear outs that could produce some Indians!

ssserena
02-12-2013, 06:47 PM
ive gotten ornery lately with the frozen ground so I went over to friends house and detected a 70 degree crawl space found 3 copper pipes it was a lot of cramming though but the soil under his house was very easy digging and it was dry dirt no moister it cut through the soil like butter...