PDA

View Full Version : Last hunt of my season

dalewestaby
12-02-2012, 08:37 PM
It was the last hunt I will be able to go on this season, and man o man was it a good one! I drove a few hours south to the town my brother lives in, and met up with jkress and ron. Ive hunted the park 1.5 times before but never took time with the proper detecting gear. I popped out a merc within a minute of getting out of my car. Then a lady needed her car jumped and it took like 35 minutes because she kept trying to start her car without it charging. I kept telling her to wait and let it charge but she wouldnt listen. After that fiasco I wandered into the center where I found a barber at 8, then 20 feet past that I plucked another merc at 4 but it gave a nickel signal surrounded by nails. Then I got another nickel signal five feet away and it was an indian head, then I dug up a wheat penny which cleaned up and was an indian head penny too! Then I doubled back and against a tiny tree was a Seated Liberty Dime! My 1st seated anything! :happydance01:

After that I found a whole lot of nothing but Jkress and ron were just getting hot, I decided to go down a block to a school that used to be connected to a corn field. I found a really old token there last year, but nothing but clad this time. This quarter had a hole drilllled into it. SWEEET? :thinkingabout:

THen I went to a big modern park infront of my brothers house. Its the same park that wielded my a gold chain to fund the ATpro I swing. The park was founded like in 1958 or something, but old images proves it was an old horse track. I went to the very back where the stands would be and worked the base of trees and by sunfall I had another 2 mercury dimes! :)

So yeah, 10 pockets full of trash, and best silver day ever. Ole!

z118
12-02-2012, 08:40 PM
That's a heck of a way to end a season! After a day like that it would be pretty hard to hang it up though! lol Congrats on some sweet digs.

AmxFred
12-02-2012, 09:23 PM
Amazing hunt! :omg: :wow: What a way to end the year! :congrats:

Tony Two-Cent
12-02-2012, 09:32 PM
What a way to end the year on a high note! :wow:

All of the dimes are in terrific condition! Awesome!

That was one heck of an incredible hunt, Dale! Huge congrats! |:cheering:

milco
12-02-2012, 10:05 PM
:congrats: Awesome hunt there Dale, WTG!!! Congrats on your first seated and on your best silver day ever! What a great way to wrap up the year! Don't give up, the ground is not frozen yet! Super sweet finds!

PL8MAN
12-02-2012, 10:09 PM
You went out with a bang ! Great finds thumbsup01

jkress
12-02-2012, 10:13 PM
What a beauty to get for your first Seated!! :perfect10:

You were on fire today. :yes: It was great being with you when you added a Seated coin to your collection.

Not only did you do fantastic when we were hunting together... you upped it a few notches after we left for home. :peace:

We enjoyed hunting with you again Dale. Congratulations on a memorable day.

p.s. While I was watching you attempt to jump start her vehicle, I kept wondering why it was taking so long. :confused: Now I know. lol

etrac1
12-02-2012, 10:20 PM
Congrats on the great finds that seated is in great shape

JTGOLD
12-02-2012, 11:15 PM
awsome hunt nice finds,wtg.

Snapolson
12-02-2012, 11:18 PM
WoW!!! What a great hunt!! I'm still hoping to find my first seated too. Congrats!!

CODY
12-03-2012, 09:41 AM
:wow: Awesome end to a Great season. Congrats on a ll the Silver. That seated is GREAT! :perfect10: Again, :congrats: HH

aloldstuff
12-03-2012, 04:29 PM
:omg: great way to end the season. Definately gives you something to look forward to. Very nice collection of dimes (trifecta).

buck57
12-03-2012, 06:04 PM
:wow: That hunt will help you get through the winter. You'll be reliving that day for a bit.. great hunt, :congrats:

Thiltzy
12-06-2012, 03:01 PM
Man oh man, what a great day. Those are some sweet silver finds especially tha beautiful seated ^

carl2112
12-06-2012, 03:59 PM
great hunt the seasons about over for me too in michigan i want one more good hunt like you just had to get me thru the winter. congrats on another good hunt

del
12-06-2012, 04:27 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:[size=1:crazy:t]Woooooo Hoooooooo first seated :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

you hit that one out of the park Dale its a beauty :loveit: :loveit: huge congrats |:cheering: |:cheering:

docbars
12-06-2012, 09:29 PM
Freaken awesome hunt.

swamp yankee
12-06-2012, 11:35 PM
Way to go out for the year! Barber/Seated looking fantastic IH's should clean up nicely too! Congrats are in order.....

Fire Fighter 43
12-08-2012, 09:32 PM
:wow: That is one hell of a way to end the season. Congrats on your first seated and good luck in 2013 Dale.

Ill Digger
12-17-2012, 01:28 AM
:wow: That is one hell of a way to end the season.
:shocked04: .... :yes: Thats what I'm thinkin' too! thumbsup01
I'd be pretty hard to hang it up for the season after a hunt like that! :drool:
Sweet hunt Dale!
Congrats! :grin: