PDA

View Full Version : Sat and Sun With Rob

aloldstuff
11-18-2012, 01:38 PM
We were able to get out both days. The weather was great and the pickings were good. Sat I managed 3 wheats and the 1918 merc and a 1948 rosie. Sunday we hit several areas and I got my 1st Budgie Model car. Of course we went back to our favorite park and I got the 1912 Barber and 6 more wheats. Nothing special in the wheats. I think I got another musketball and 2 pieces of junk jewelery. Yes I will say it......still no buffalo.....rats.

Can we talk for a few minutes about the entertainment value of a hunting partner. Today Rob had made 2 good finds and was going for a trifecta when from across the field I hear this scream and he comes running over to me, jumping up and down, shaking all over. Now I thought he had a $20 St. Gaudines. He shows me this coin, its a small one and just before he hands it to me, he says darn its not what I thought it was. He was thinking a 3 cent piece but it turned out to be a 10 something from another country(foreign). Value of this experience......priceless.

Thanks for reading

del
11-18-2012, 04:23 PM
lol lol rofl i can see Rob doing that Al lol lol yes hunting with someone definately has its benefits , the comaraderie and humor is great. |:cheering: |:cheering: congrats on the barber and wheats Al and of course have a very entertaining partner that makes you laugh. :perfect10:

Dan

OxShoeDrew
11-18-2012, 04:30 PM
Still no buff this year? ::huh::
Fine hunt you had....yeah...hunting with partners makes it more fun.....I have no problem finding partners because they know I don't eat much lol

CODY
11-18-2012, 04:39 PM
Great finds Al. :congrats:

aloldstuff
11-18-2012, 05:39 PM
Still no buff this year? ::huh::
Fine hunt you had....yeah...hunting with partners makes it more fun.....I have no problem finding partners because they know I don't eat much lol

Drew, If you look at my signature I am only listing finds in which I have beat last years totals. I need one more buff to beat last year, so then I can list them.

BHNugget
11-18-2012, 06:57 PM
Congrats on the nice silvers! Good luck on your buffalo hunt thumbsup01

POKIE73
11-18-2012, 06:59 PM
:congrats:shocked04:n your finds nice silver coins and i like the old cars dennis :peace: :peace:

RobW
11-19-2012, 04:59 PM
Yes, I can be VERY entertaining in many ways :happy:
I've always got a story to tell....and yes, I may even ON OCCASSION get giddy as a school girl :happy:
It doesn't happen often (probably more often then most)...one of those times was finding the seated half...and most recently thinking I had a 3 center...I was sadly disappointed >:#..but AL had a GREAT LAUGH rofl

But then there's always the entertainment of what goes on around you....like being in the middle of a drug bust in the park, like I was last weekend, or watching 2 crackheads smoke crack a few feet from you, or bums coming over to bum your clad....our hobby is an adventure :daydream:

aloldstuff
11-19-2012, 07:28 PM
Yes, I can be VERY entertaining in many ways :happy:
I've always got a story to tell....and yes, I may even ON OCCASSION get giddy as a school girl :happy:
It doesn't happen often (probably more often then most)...one of those times was finding the seated half...and most recently thinking I had a 3 center...I was sadly disappointed >:#..but AL had a GREAT LAUGH rofl

But then there's always the entertainment of what goes on around you....like being in the middle of a drug bust in the park, like I was last weekend, or watching 2 crackheads smoke crack a few feet from you, or bums coming over to bum your clad....our hobby is an adventure :daydream:

All true, and people think that what we do is easy..... :hysterical:

jkress
11-19-2012, 08:30 PM
Great looking pile of coins Al. Nice hunts.

Hopefully Rob will pick up a 3 cent piece and you a double eagle very soon! :beerbuddy:

milco
11-19-2012, 09:54 PM
Sweet finds Al, WTG!! |:cheering:

Tony Two-Cent
11-23-2012, 08:16 PM
Nice bunch of finds, Al! See, you're finding Barber Dimes left and right now! thumbsup01

I love that little green car! Very cool, and it looks old.

:congrats:

giant056
11-23-2012, 09:40 PM
Excellent score on them silvers Al thumbsup01

Fire Fighter 43
11-24-2012, 12:42 PM
Congrats on some nice digs, WTG |:cheering: