PDA

View Full Version : Couple of Drapes et al.

OxShoeDrew
11-12-2012, 02:32 PM
I had to be in Maine this weekend and was able to get out to some cellar holes. I found the largest cellar hole I ever saw....with a barn to match. I was wondering why it was so large and why I was finding so many cool relics but only one coin (1900 Indian head). I later found out it was a poor house, or town farm. 8/ I wish I took a picture of the remains of a buggy still parked within the barn hole. I got home last night and today was able to pick up the draped twins a half mile from my house. :rolleyes: Thanks for looking, Drew

del
11-12-2012, 03:32 PM
great looking twins Drew , you don't see to many 02's found . those are very nice :smitten: :smitten:

aloldstuff
11-12-2012, 04:26 PM
Drew, I have yet to get any draped bust anythings and here you go and get twins. They are in beautiful shape and huge :congrats: on there recovery.

milco
11-12-2012, 06:12 PM
:wow: Congrats Drew! Those draped LC's are beauties, man I would love to find one of those, not likely here in the Midwest however. Once again, great finds!

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-12-2012, 06:19 PM
nice! greeat shape too!

foundation hunter
11-12-2012, 06:38 PM
Those draped busts are nice there a lot of fun to dig especially in that condition.
Nice Finds Gary

OxShoeDrew
11-13-2012, 03:17 PM
Thanks everyone, I didn't mention that the first thing I dug in Maine was an ox shoe :hairpulling: 8/ :)

Thiltzy
11-13-2012, 06:24 PM
sweet finds Ox and very nice detail for a draped :smitten:

swamp yankee
11-13-2012, 09:14 PM
Drew, congrats on finding the twins best of luck on finding the rest of the family......

Ill Digger
11-14-2012, 02:08 AM
:wow: Unreal!! :drool: :envious: :clapping:
Not one....but 2 !!! Draped Bust LC's!! Wow!
I don't know what else to say! :dontknow: :envious:
Congrats!! :grin:
Were they separate finds? Or was it a 1802 coin spill? :drool: :->

OxShoeDrew
11-14-2012, 04:29 AM
Were they separate finds? Or was it a 1802 coin spill? :drool: :->

Thanks guys, they must have been from the same drop but they were five feet apart...at five inches. About 30 feet from the hole.
I went back yesterday and dug a pre civil war merchant's token |:cheering:

BKM
11-17-2012, 02:23 PM
Looks like you found a nice place a little closer to home than Maine.

Ironically, I thought of you the other day. I got out with Scott to a new place that showed a lot of potential....and did not deliver. I pulled plenty of ox shoes though....

Nice job on the draped cents, keep swinging!

OxShoeDrew
11-19-2012, 04:54 PM
Looks like you found a nice place a little closer to home than Maine.

Ironically, I thought of you the other day. I got out with Scott to a new place that showed a lot of potential....and did not deliver. I pulled plenty of ox shoes though....

Nice job on the draped cents, keep swinging!
How many ox shoes Brian? I know somebody who pulled 12 in one hole....he/she wishes to remain anonymous though :yes:

del
11-19-2012, 06:25 PM
How many ox shoes Brian? I know somebody who pulled 12 in one hole....he/she wishes to remain anonymous though :yes:

wow that beats my cache of ox shoes i found in one hole

OxShoeDrew
11-19-2012, 06:43 PM
wow that beats my cache of ox shoes i found in one hole

I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't witnessed it. Maybe this oxshoe super hero will come out of the shadows and be recognized for the biggest bovine booty bonanza ever dug. Moooooooo!!

Merc
11-29-2012, 10:02 AM
Haha It was an Ox shoe dump i tell you. Great hunt Drew!!!

Sal66
11-30-2012, 09:44 PM
:omg: That's enough to get the blood pumping. Like Dan said, you don't see a lot of 1802's out there. Their both in at least Fine Condition also . Cant wait to get there now that my health has improved . I got two perfect spots just waiting for me too.
:congrats: Again and hope to see more of you finds before the ground freezes, that's for us up North. :crying02: