PDA

View Full Version : The Park That Keeps On Giving

Bell-Two
09-09-2012, 06:44 PM
Doug, Diane, Malachi and I met up with Micah a new friend for a Dayton Diggers group hunt. We met in an old park that is in between our locations and despite the drizzle we hunted for about an hour and a half. Micah found the only keeper there a silver ring. We decided to move on to the old park that the Bell-Two Crew have had much success at, what I like to call the “Giving Park”. Within minutes after getting there Doug had the first keeper an extremely worn Seated Liberty Dime. I had left a promising nickel signal to come over to film his find and no sooner I got back to digging my plug Micah had a keeper a beautiful Seated Dime, I went back to my nickel signal finished digging and what did I see? A very toasty Shield nickel! Diane then got on the board with a Buffalo and then Malachi got his keeper a 1947 Roosevelt Dime! Diane scored again with an 1889 Indian and then Doug got an 1880 Indian. Then Diane scored again this time with a 1906 Barber Dime, the girl was on fire. After more hunting it was time to go. On our way out to the car Doug got a signal and dug an 1894 Indian. I decided I needed to turn my detector back on too and I am glad I did for about 30 yards from the car I got my silver a 1944-D Merc. So we all got silver and all got an 1800's coin except for Malachi so a pretty good day for the crew.

Hunting With Bell-Two #99 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9nUFJBGhFc#ws)

BHNugget
09-09-2012, 07:22 PM
Great hunt! You have to love trips when nobody goes home silverless thumbsup01

Shipwreck
09-09-2012, 08:01 PM
Wtg Nice Hunt Congrats :congrats:

Tony Two-Cent
09-09-2012, 08:14 PM
Great finds by everyone, Tony! I love the seated dimes, even Doug's extremely worn example. :yes:

And I'm always amazed by shield nickels, as I've never found one. That was a really nice find for you.

Congrats to all! :clapping:

Bell-Two
09-09-2012, 09:15 PM
Great finds by everyone, Tony! I love the seated dimes, even Doug's extremely worn example. :yes:

And I'm always amazed by shield nickels, as I've never found one. That was a really nice find for you.

Congrats to all! :clapping:

Thanks Tony, I have never found a seated dime but now have two Shield Nickels, and realistically the Shields are more scarce! That now makes 7 Shield Nickels from that park that we have found in the last year!

Ill Digger
09-09-2012, 11:07 PM
:omg: The Bell Two Crew was on fire today Tony!! :shocked04: |:cheering:
It's cool that everyone got a silver too!
No Silverless drive home of shame for anyone!! <:
Your new member Micah Had a killer day too! :wow:
Thanks for sharing your outstanding hunt with us Tony! :clapping: |:confused:)
Congrats to everyone! :grin:

aloldstuff
09-10-2012, 04:51 AM
Rule #1...always detect on the way back to the car. What a great hunt you and your crew had, seated, Barbers, IH, shield, buff. :omg: No reason to change the name of that park. :congrats: on all your keepers

POKIE73
09-10-2012, 06:35 AM
as always a great video to watch looks like a great time was had by all congrats to all on there finds dennis

PL8MAN
09-10-2012, 02:57 PM
Sweet finds thumbsup01

imagearhead
09-10-2012, 06:16 PM
I'm very glad to see others enjoying the hobby. Congrates. I would assume that by dayton... You might be referring to Dayton Ohio:huh:thinkingabout:? I live a few miles south of there off I-75.

milco
09-10-2012, 07:50 PM
Super finds, congrats to the Crew!

Merc
09-11-2012, 06:08 AM
Great job on a nice group hunt. thumbsup01 Keepers for everyone thats what it's all about. :congrats:

CODY
09-11-2012, 07:00 AM
Great finds, congrats on a fine hunt.

jkress
09-11-2012, 09:16 PM
Another great post BT! :clapping: Your group saved a bunch of keepers from the dirt. :happydance01:
Congratulations to everyone.