PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone from Cincinnati

imagearhead
09-08-2012, 01:27 PM
Hello. My name is Josh. And I suffer from a disease known as detector-n-idise. Haha. Seriously though, I love the hobby. I am more for the fun of coin & jewelry hunting along with the history of locations. I'm not into relics per-say, but I do appreciate the history & knowledge such items can teach or explain. As for my weapon of choice... It is a Bounty Hunter Tracker 4, Garret ProPointer, Garret Digging tool and tons of bug spray. I'm always open to new md setting suggestions, although I know my machine fairly well, and for suggestions as to where to hunt. Like a famous car designer once quoted; The second you stop learning, believing you know it all, is the second you become useless to everyone- Chip Foose

aloldstuff
09-08-2012, 01:36 PM
Welcome from western MA. Sounds like you have been around and know what you're doing. I to like the coins and jewelery. Do you hunt mostly parks?

Fire Fighter 43
09-08-2012, 04:26 PM
Welcome to the forum from SE Wisconsin. It is good to have you with us and I'm looking forward to your input, GL and HH

OxShoeDrew
09-08-2012, 04:29 PM
:yes:. Bug spray is always hanging around......and head nets. I hope you enjoy the forum.

imagearhead
09-08-2012, 04:50 PM
Thanks guys. And to answer your question, Aloldstuff, I do only hunt parks. Not because I want to... Because I haven't gotten up enough courage to bother people with a question that involves the phrase, I promise to fill every hole I dig out of YOUR yard. Lol. That's not a very good selling point to most land owners around here. Haha. :-\

buck57
09-08-2012, 08:12 PM
Welcome from mid Missouri there Josh. :waving:. Man, I got that same disease also......
I like finding just about everything, especially when you got to do some research on google. And then again, if all else fails just ask del (here on the forum). He is a walking encyclopedia.
Happy hunting to ya, thumbsup01 Eric

Tony Two-Cent
09-08-2012, 09:27 PM
Hi, Josh! Glad you found us here! Welcome from Illinois. I mainly hunt parks too. Still working on my sales pitch and trying to get up the nerve to do some door knocking.

I can't wait to hear about some of your finds. Best of luck and happy hunting!

del
09-09-2012, 12:29 AM
welcome to American Detectorist Josh , your among fellow very infected friends here lol lol . looking toward seeing your finds , glad you found us here.

Dan

Ill Digger
09-09-2012, 12:52 AM
Hey Josh! :groovy:
Welcome to the forum from the cornfields of Illinois! :grin:

Not because I want to... Because I haven't gotten up enough courage to bother people with a question that involves the phrase, I promise to fill every hole I dig out of YOUR yard.
I follow that up with And I haul out every single piece of trash I find. :yes: :cheesysmile:

Lowjiber
09-09-2012, 06:53 AM
Welcome from southern Nevada.

Like a famous car designer once quoted; The second you stop learning, believing you know it all, is the second you become useless to everyone

When you stop getting better, you stop being good.

imagearhead
09-09-2012, 05:26 PM
Thank you all. You sure do know how to make someone feel welcome. I think that I'm going to fit rite in with this forum. Thanks again. I hope to make many friends & learn a thing or two along the way. HH and don't let the pull tabs have all the attention... Lol. If its old or gold, I'm a happy camper.

jkress
09-10-2012, 10:49 PM
Welcome to American Detectorist imagearhead. :clapping:

Looks like you are set up with some nice gear. :yes: There are plenty of keepers in those old parks just waiting to be found. thumbsup01

Epi-hunter
09-10-2012, 10:52 PM
Welcome to the forum :waving: I too hold a permit and detect in Cincinnati parks, although I don't get there as frequently as I used to. :)